• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do you wear your own shirts?

thehamsterman

Hi all

My company recently purchased a couple of local screenprinting businesses. I've been suggesting that we start printing our own shirts for our employees to wear at work, and just wondering if this is something you all do?

Right now our front counter staff just wears whatever they want, no dress code, so we don't need fancy polos or anything. Just wondering if you print and wear shirts with your own company logos on them. do you have advertising on them too?

Thanks

cdiesel

Depends.. our admin, sales & design teams dress business casual. Production and installers wear branded T's.

vinylbarry

We make everbody that works for us wear a Company shirt usally its a t-shirt with a big one on the back and a little one on left front. We make them 5 when the start and our part time people get 2 colors usally are bright ones but do use sports grey also.
We also have a polo for all full time employees for events such as ribbon cuttings, chamber meetings and so on but this one is embroidery not screened.

thehamsterman

Depends.. our admin, sales & design teams dress business casual. Production and installers wear branded T's.

I guess thats pretty similar for us. Our designers just tend to be a little bit older, so they wear nicer clothes. Our front counter and production staff wear anything from jeans to gym shorts and sandals...

So do you have your services listed on the shirts? Or do you keep them simple and just have the company logo on the front and back?

binki

we not only wear our branded shirts at work but on non-work days (is there such a thing?) when we know we will be around a lot of people. and we always carry business cards.

Jillbeans

I wear my Ts on jobs (print is on the back) not always on paint jobs tho because I mess them up.
I wear my hoodie (print on the back) everywhere I can, especially when I'm volunteering at community events.
And I always have a lot of cards in the pocket.
Love....Jill

GregT

I always have a collared polo with embroidered logo on front, employees start with 6 t-shirts with logo on left chest and advertising on back.

Idea Design

We do the same as most here and we include the kids and all their friends. Kids love new shirts and sweatshirts, and if your shop has the capacity to produce them, do it and get them out there for everyone to see.

We wear ours so much we got tired of the first design (company logo on the back and left front chest) so we came up with 3 or 4 different designs to shake it up a little. I honestly can't remember the last time I wore a shirt that wasn't my company, or one I made for one of my race teams.

WildWestDesigns

Since most of my business is some sort of printwear I'm always wearing something that I've done. Embroidery, sublimation, or vinyl it's got my business on there. Like Idea Design, I can't remember the last time I didn't wear that didn't have my company on it. It does a lot of good things for you.

FatCat

I have both "work tees" and nicer polos logo'd with embroidery. I think it makes me look more professional and even though I'm just a small shop it leaves people with a better impression than if I just walked in with regular work or street clothes.

jholbrook

I think it's great when businesses use every form of branding possible to get their name out there. Plus, wearing them when you aren't at work is great, too, because people will ask you about it.

cleanmywound

We wear everything with our logo. We give out polos, t's, jackets, pullover windshirts, baseball caps, beanies, hoodies and sweatpants/warm-ups to our employees and also family and friends. I and my partner will wear shirts and hoodies of most of our larger customers. they order enough from us we will run a couple extra and wear them around the shop. They think its great that we are supporting them and its advertising for them. You can't get enough free advertising. We also give out to our larger customers t-shirts and hats, sometimes they deserve jackets. Everyone likes to get that "freebie", makes them feel appreciated.

Graphics2u

There is just 2 of us but we almost always have a t-shirt on with name\logo on it and on the back the same thing with a little added design and phone #.

I figure if people are coming in here to buy these types of products we better be using them too. Otherwise not much point in them doing it, is there?