• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anyone else enjoy working late?

njshorts

As much as it's a bit of a pain sometimes, there's nothing like cranking 2000w of surround sound and getting a job done... Especially when it leads to a late morning tomorrow! Does anyone else enjoy this from time to time or have I finally cracked?

Mosh

I get more done after 5 than the rest of the day!!! Well I also get to drink beer while working then, so I guess that might be why I like it more!!!!
I have about an hour more to go in the shop!!! and a few more beers!

inthesignbiz

I enjoy it 'cause no one calls or comes to bug me.
Can actually get work done.

One time, I worked until day after tomorrow.
Didn't like that one too much.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I think after you reach a certain age time (hours, days, weeks....) becomes meaningless - just go until it gets done.
But it does seem to run smoother when the phone is not ringing every 10 minutes and you don't have to worry if your assistant is about to involuntarily donate a few of his fingers to the miter saw.

wayne k
guam usa

SignManiac

I feel horrible if I'm forced to work late into the evening. It means I failed miserably at managing my time effectively. Then it's like a down hill snowball out of control. Every thing is compounded and before you know it, a mole hill becomes a mountain of problems to deal with.

Mosh

You guys are missing the whole point of having your own shop...work when you want, drink and hang out and make signs. If you are not rolling that way, then I am sorry for you. Many times I am up til 1 or 2 working on signs, but am having a good time going it. If you are not having fun doing your work, you need to do something else!!!No Way to argue that point!!!

njshorts

I feel horrible if I'm forced to work late into the evening. It means I failed miserably at managing my time effectively. Then it's like a down hill snowball out of control. Every thing is compounded and before you know it, a mole hill becomes a mountain of problems to deal with.

I understand, but the changeorder/rush fees are quite nice...

I get more done after 5 than the rest of the day!!! Well I also get to drink beer while working then, so I guess that might be why I like it more!!!!
I have about an hour more to go in the shop!!! and a few more beers!

I've got a couple more Sierra Nevada Pale Ales sitting here, printing 2 rush jobs... And I just watched the Lightning game from here thanks to my trusty Slingbox. Go Bolts!

njshorts

a side note. true story, the man that I'm quoting is a customer of mine.

"I picked up a 26' boat last month. It's name? Changeorder. That's how it was paid for, cash."

shakey0818

You guys are missing the whole point of having your own shop...work when you want, drink and hang out and make signs. If you are not rolling that way, then I am sorry for you. Many times I am up til 1 or 2 working on signs, but am having a good time going it. If you are not having fun doing your work, you need to do something else!!!No Way to argue that point!!!

:goodpost: i totally agree

njshorts

somewhat related- I'm thinking about selling the screen printing press and related equipment, replacing it with another 4x8 table, an HP 25500 and a drumset... thoughts? All I'd need is a cot and I could live here.

Mosh

It is only fun when it is going good, fixing printers does SUCK, but 99.9% of the time WIDE OPEN. BTW I will post pics of girls dancing on the shop tables, I have been looking for them all day! (the cutting table thread) It happened here!

njshorts

It is only fun when it is going good, fixing printers does SUCK, but 99.9% of the time WIDE OPEN. BTW I will post pics of girls dancing on the shop tables, I have been looking for them all day! (the cutting table thread) It happened here!

attachment.php

it starts...

Attachments

• 439943453.jpg
    439943453.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 103

Fitch

I'm with Mosh on this one. To work for yourself is divine albeit when times are tough.

I spend more time NOT working than actually working. Purely because over the years I have become very fast at whatever I do. Did a 4 x 8' composite panel in 2 hrs start to finish. Days salary... now finished for the day.

So when the "big ones" come along - I don't just look forward to it - I relish it.

That's what working for yourself is all about - quality of life.

CHEERS - G

njshorts

Well, crap.

Just blew the amp for the shop. Down to the 5.1 desktop speakers... Time to invest in a serious sound system.

SignosaurusRex

Sometimes the brushes don't get wet until the small hand has reached the 12 and next thing I know the daily rag hits the shop door....letting me know that the rest of the world is coming alive.