• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anyone know if there is a way for the printer to bypass reading/detecting ink cartridges?

zopylote

So I went back and looked through emails. yes I had to send a file from the printer to get a file back to upload to the printer. Basically the carts always look full until the manual flag on the cart gets tripped. You can put any cart in any slot including cleaning carts and it doesn't care. The person I found was in the Ukraine and I was very skeptical it would work as he insisted on Western Union cash up front as he was screwed many times but he was honest and it worked. I've since moved to an HP 360 latex so the Mutoh is sitting there.
unused, lonely and sad.........
hi has been a while since you wrote here but hope you can help me... do you have the contact for this guy that unlocks mutoh printers? Ty

JamesM

For check if cartridge detection sensor is working normally you can do:
- Remove the cartridge and open locker frame;
- Few times press to sensor's pin and check if printers's recognized it (pin on photo). Maybe pin is locked in some position and just need to release it.
My printers are unlocked by technician few years and did not use smart cards. Please write me PM if you interest.
If your machine is like mine, I had that same problem for about 2 months and I was buying cartridges until they started showing half full and the error continued. I had a tech come out and got the machine to bypass the chip and it showed 100% on all 4 colors. It was like this for about 5 weeks. Then the head started having problems with the ink coming out of the back of the head instead of the head holes itself. So, the tech said I need a head now. I need to have a printer that is ready to work. So, I have to buy a new machine. I am selling the Mutoh as it is if someone wants to work on it or use it for parts. It is the same 1624x. Also, the ink slots did start having problems with the pin that was referenced earlier and the ink would drip out of the cartridges when you lift them making a mess. This is a problem that is not a small issue. It is a problem that should be retrofitted. I hope you can get it going again.