• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

does this suck

slappy

I got a major brain fart. This is going on a mini van rear window with a few other words about what he does. The customer wants it to pop and it will be two colors (a light blue and silver) I'm stuck and looking for a fresh idea. Customer kinda wants it's dirstorted a bit with cursive, but i can't get it to work. So I have a few other ideas, but these two i feel are somewhat working the best. Any suggestions??

Last edited:

Circleville Signs

First one isn't too bad, but I would change the font on the AEY part. it looks a little too "bubbly" for my taste... I'd also consider condensing the "FLOORING", and keeping it totally "under" the guy rolling carpet. Also, thicken it up slightly.

Gary

HaroldDesign

Are you taking on this project as logo design, or a window decal? If he doesn't have existing art, I'd suggest turning this into s design job and going from there.

...just my .02

OldPaint

what is AEY? if its his name.............he needs to rethink USING IT!!!!!
1st off........dont make any sence, and the combination of those 3 letters.........is a hard one to work.
IF... it is his NAME............why make it the the most VISIBLE??
he does FLOORING............name is not that important.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you'd learn to spell and type.... maybe you'd realize it's a way to get your name at the front of your listing in the phone book. Cripes..... it's the way you spell everything, I thought you'd be one of the first ones to know that................

My guess would be it's a play on spelling for A+ Flooring.

Salmoneye

"I get my flooring from 'floors', don't need no Poppa John's I get my pizza from 'pizza'". I have not been able to get that song out of my head for two days. Thanks guys.

slappy

I'm doing it as a window decal. Yes, the wording is getting to me with the AYE, which is a play off of A+. I've got close to 3 hours into this and have came up with nothing. I have gotten the 50% deposit down on the total and even charged $48 for the design, and i don't like it myself. I still got to squeeze in "carpet, vinyl, hardwood, laminate and a possible free estimates and a definite 2 phone numbers. (business and cell)

HaroldDesign

OOPS! He's getting a logo for $48. Either get out of this one if you can, or finish this up with whatever you need to do (show him something like the 1st one), and do NOT supply him the art. You may have a chance to sell the design later.

slappy

If i was doing logo design, it'd look something like this. He even drew what he wanted...and i cannot get it!

Last edited:

joeshaul

On the thumbnail the guy looks like he's driving a gokart or something. Also, in the latter post, you spelled it "Aye" on earlier one's it's "Aye". I kind of like your latest one, even though it's spelled "Aye" and has "Flooring" in there twice (Maybe just make it "Aey Plus" then flooring underneath).

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Here's a quickie with no regards to type styles, but just making this an easy commercial layout.

There were so many comments, I just did it up real quick for ya..........

Leave out all the geigh things and just keep is simple stupid.

slappy carpet.jpg

Now that I see the layout of the window.... just stretch some of these out a little to make them work better.

Salmoneye

OK, I already know that my comment was not very PC and I want to apologize to the whole Canadian Pirate community in advance.

slappy

lol.. i just did that real quick to show what way i'd try to go if i was going in a logo direction... don't mind my screw ups. I have a lot on my mind i guess. My 85 year old grandfather is having a valve replacement and a double bypass today (his choice) They are taking him to Pittsburgh by ambulance and my mom and grandmother are following driving through last nights snow leftovers and my uncle and aunt are driving from lexington, ky., where they stopped last night cause of the condition of the roads. I also enrolled my son into daycare this week and today is his second day. (my grandparents were my babysitter) So, i have a lot on my mind.... I'm glad however you pointed that out to me, cause that would have defiantly gone unnoticed. lol