• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

donations some times just feel good...

Marlene

I just did some magnetic a donation for two of the greatest people I've had the honor to meet. the layout was tweaked a little and not mine but since they have printed items that it needed to match, I just fixed some of the crushed up text and such. if you get the chance, check out their website as it is a good example of two people doing what they can to make a difference. some times it just feels good to do a donation and who cares if the layout isn't great, just knowing these guys are out there is a real feel good moment.

Attachments

• signs101.jpg
    signs101.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 57

Marlene

That's a cute picture

the first photo they sent was a real low res. when they sent over the high res photo, I could see the details on the collar and it's a Christmas collar...yep, I cried like a little girl. the people who started this have such big hearts and so so much good. they want to get big enough to include cats in their foundation as they want to be able to help people keep their best friends alive. so many have no choice to put a pet down as the costs are just too high for them. with some help, people have been able to get their pets the care they need. just goes to show that two people who set their minds to it can make a difference, no matter how small.

Marlene

the people came by on Friday to pick up the magnetics for their cars. they called yesterday to thank me again as they only had the mags on for a day when someone approached them who has a dog with cancer and they were so happy as they were able to help the person. that was such a good way to start a new week on a Monday morning! just thought I'd share with my fellow sign peeps.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Early on in my self employment, after I had my first Gerber Signmaker, I decided that anytime a church contacted me about lettering a Sunday School van I would donate the work. I have no idea how many of them I did. The gesture backfired on me when my little brother came to work for me primarily as a salesman though. He went out one day to meet with a preacher and promptly told him we donate our work to churches. He came back with a huge order for dimensional Gemini letters on 3 sides of a building - installed at the 2nd story level! The preacher really took extreme advantage of him I felt. Nonetheless, I stood by my brother's offer and lost my butt big time that week. From that point on, there was a new policy - Jesus pays retail!