• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Double Decker Bus

GK

Anyone know of a template exists for a double decker bus? or where to find one? We just got an order for 20 of these across the country and the first one is for next week. If not I just gotta get into the city to get some good photos of them. Thanks.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
sorry, never did one...any chance they can take a pic, email it, and give you a measurement to scale it up? at least you'd be able to get a sketch worked up...

GK

truthfully, Im prolly just going to go do it myself. You know who ever goes out to take the picture is just going to take random shots and neglect any directions you give them about keeping the camera level, getting a few solid measurements to work from etc. ...if you want somethin done right...well...you know how it goes.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
very true....i asked a customer to take a picture of the side of a vehicle and give me a measurement...it was for an auto body shop and we were recreating the graphics.....he zoomed in so far he barely got all the lettering in the picture and never gave a measurement....i waited until the vehicle was here to start anything...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wish I could help ya out, but the last one I did was hand painted and we didn't use templates back then. They were all BC. We couldn't even use ladders with walk planks... so we rolled around on scaffolding. The regular ones we did in our shop, but the double deckers we had to do on-site.

:thumb: Nice job to land there George.​

ovrcafnatd

NICE George!!
WE actually HAVE double decker buses in Jersey? LOL
where have I been?!

can't wait to see the finished product.
Good for you!!