• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Eco-Solvent ink fades easily

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
What printer, and what profile settings? Low quality profile settings lay down less ink, which could cause your described issues.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Is it the same ink as when it wasn't fading too quickly ?? Or have you changed something ??

rjssigns

Probably has something to do with the dollar a gallon ink that came with the printer. Either that or it's aqueous ink which has the lifespan of a gnat, which is 18-30 days in case you were interested.

MiguelGonzalez

Probably has something to do with the dollar a gallon ink that came with the printer. Either that or it's aqueous ink which has the lifespan of a gnat, which is 18-30 days in case you were interested.
other than the ink is there any chance that the print heater is the reason for this? Because the heater sometimes is extremely hot

netsol

Premium Subscriber
other than the ink is there any chance that the print heater is the reason for this? Because the heater sometimes is extremely hot
the heater temp has to be in range. too low and the ink is still wet and will smear
too hot and it is, i suppose possible the ink will evaporate before it "cuts" and penetrates the substrate (?)

no solvent ink should wipe off, unless the chemistry of the ink and the substrate are incompatible

MiguelGonzalez

the heater temp has to be in range. too low and the ink is still wet and will smear
too hot and it is, i suppose possible the ink will evaporate before it "cuts" and penetrates the substrate (?)

no solvent ink should wipe off, unless the chemistry of the ink and the substrate are incompatible
Thanks