• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edge printing problem

raider7

Hey out there,
I have been running a Gerber Edge for about 10 years now and lately I have been having a problem with lines showing up in my print area. It started with a single line running horizontal and now have three lines showing up. It is as if there is no foil printing where these lines show up.
Has anyone else experienced this and do you have any idea on how to repair it ?

Shovelhead

Welcome to the forum.....

you have blown pixels my friend....pay $4000 for a new head or junk it!

Sorry Charlie.

:Welcome:

Service Sign Co

The least expensive way to narrow the problem down is to order a data link cable from Gerber and replace it yourself.next would be a cpu board. If that does not solve the problem, a print head is 1,500 plus labor & packing, shiping for a Gerber tech to fix it.

Shovelhead

That's pretty cheap...

The least expensive way to narrow the problem down is to order a data link cable from Gerber and replace it yourself.next would be a cpu board. If that does not solve the problem, a print head is 1,500 plus labor & packing, shiping for a Gerber tech to fix it.

for a new print head for an old Edge.

Service Sign Co

The Edge I have is not the very first type they made, before the Edge 2 The 4,5000 included other things like bottom supply clutch,gas spring , foil motor etc. It was really worn out. The repair labor at 6.5 hrs. was $1,170.00

Replicator

Welcome to the the wonderful world of the antique Edge technology !

and Welcome to the greatest forum on this planet . . . !

raider7

Thanks to everyone who replied.........I was afraid my problem was going to be something along these lines. I guess it's back to the Etch-A-Sketch !

A side thought....where can I get a replacement head other than from the baby food guys (Gerber).

GARY CULY

Sir ..go to 4edgetalk.com ...post your prblem ..there are a few men in the u.s. that have bought up old edges .repair them and have parts for them ...there is one man that worked a gerber on these machines for years and services them "pretty resonable" i not post info here its not ethical on this board