• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

encapsulated laminate print question

gabagoo

I have a customer who brought me a 42" X 52" Encapsulated laminated poster. he wants me to put it onto something rigid for an easle, for a trade show.

What sort of adhesive can i depend on to mount this to possibly 1/4" Sintra?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
i like the 77 better than 90. The 90 seems to come out in goopy streams where as the 77 has a nice even spray.

That's true, sometimes. Turn it upside down and shoot it towards something that doesn't matter getting sticky and it will unclog itself. The reason it clogs is just like any rattle can.... it wasn't shaken well enough and things are still a little thick in there. It's thicker in there because it has a higher concentration of glue and needs to be shaken more vigorously. It's far stickier and has greater gluing capabilities.

If we were gluing up paper onto some back-piece, I'd probably use 77. If I needed extra oomph for heavier stock or like in this case with laminate to PVC, I'd certainly go 90.

MikePro

aye, you can buy rolls of PSA that you can run through your laminator just like laminating a print. except your product then has another peel-able backing that, once removed, reveals that your print can now be laminated onto another substrate.