• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson Stylus GS6000 Black Not Printing?

MunicipalSigns

Hello Everyone,

We have an epson stylus pro gs6000 that will not print black? Problem started right after doing a head wash to unclog the green nozzle/ink line. It did successfully get our green to print but consequently blocked our black from printing (See the nozzle check picture attached). FYI It's an 8 color printer CMYK-LC-LM-O-G. I thought it maybe a dirty print head so I cleaned them off with the solution kit. Didn't work. Then I read on a post it could be a vaccum leak. I opened up the panel and found an air pocket in the Black Ink line (see picture attached), all other lines are solid color (no air pockets). I then proceeded to do some cleanings (Light/Med/Heavy) to see if it would suck the air out but none did the trick. Last idea i had was maybe the cartridge was defective, so I tried another black ink cartridge, no dice. Any idea as to how to fix my black ink line? I don't want to do another head wash because that requires another 8 cleaning cartridges at a price of $495+...

Attachments

• Epson BlackLine.jpg
    Epson BlackLine.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 855
  • Nozzle Check.jpg
    Nozzle Check.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 641

Robert M

Air in lines

If the air is showing up by the top of the head, it could be a leak in the damper or the connection to it. change out the damper. contact me if you need a source for them.

MunicipalSigns

Where are the dampers?

Noob question but I can't seem to identify the dampers. I did a quick search on google and the forums. I attached some pictures of the print carriage where the lines run. Maybe i'm missing something.

Attachments

• 20130717_132731.jpg
    20130717_132731.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 732
  • 20130717_132638.jpg
    20130717_132638.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 616
  • Skitch.jpg
    Skitch.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 548

MunicipalSigns

Nevermind I found them. They are actually beneath a case mounted on the printhead. Looks like i need to remove the printhead to get to the small latches on the side to remove that case. I have a pdf guide on how to remove them if anyone needs it, except it doesn't say anything about installing new dampers. Maybe someone can chime in on that procedure...

rysoong

Experiencing the same issue

I recently just had my gs6000 head washed as well and had the same exact problem. Was wondering if you resolved this issue and could offer any helpful tips? Thanks in advance.

sonnyssigns

Iam a noob but had many problems with my gs6000....but one thing for certain I know which was told to me by my epson tech guy....never do head flushes....enless epson tells you or you will be transporting or storing the printer for long periods of time....carriage maintenance every 1-2 weeks and nozzle checks everyday...to keep the ink flowing and the heads clean.

cs-creatives

problem with Epson head always black

Hello,excuse me for my English translation Google.I have several printers Large format from 1.50 to 3.20 m and the same problem with Epson head always black, some person with Mimaki is the same problem the black blocqué.DX5 heads or other, but if I clean the head with thinner nozzles are clear but black test print does not come out of the head.If you have the solution?I can give you more advice on epson, how to unclog the heads if you want.But my head cases are completely blocked.Thank you.

Dogvan

I'm having this issue as well, but at a very small level. Only a couple small errors on my nozzle check and you can only see a pattern in the print a little at the 720x720 setting.

I suspect enough cleaning will flush out a bubble. It's my understanding that the cleaning is nothing but applying vacuum to the heads while they're parked, which forcibly sucks ink out the orifices. I suppose if you have an ongoing vacuum leak then you're sweeping a dirt floor, but for something incidental like a head washing maybe it's a remedy.

I did the head washing because my tech said to do it every time I changed the green cartridge. Green is the one that gums up on you. I tried the per-channel flush and I couldn't get it to work. I put the new green in and when it said to remove it I would do so but the process would not advance. I could see the indicator icon change so the removal was being sensed but no joy.

The key I think is that it wanted me to remove ALL the cartridges even though I was only flushing one channel. I say this because of the behavior when I, in frustration, decided to just flush the whole thing, since we were getting a new S70 and I literally had nine cleaning cartridges. On that routine everything was identical, and once ALL the cartridges were removed the routine advanced to the next step where it requests the installation of cleaning cartridges. Anyway I'll never know the truth, but for anyone out there stumbling along I hope this will help.

boxerbay

why are you having green problems. what rip are you using? colorburst updated their rip so it uses more of the green so as to mitigate those early green problems. most rips are cmyklclm only. when orange and green were added old profiles were not adequately pushing enough green ink through the heads and the heads were failing. colorburst 9.38 had an update to 9.42 then to 9.46. Current version is now 10.6. If you have CB upgrade it to current version. Our GS6000 still prints awesome.

http://www.colorburstrip.com/gs6000.html
you can save 50%

Happyprinter

We have had our GS6000 for about 4 years. We have never performed a head wash since installation. We have to do a nozzle check each day and usually a light cleaning 2 or 3 times a week but other than that, no major issues.

PBELLC

Hello..i was wondering if you can send us the pdf guide on how to change the dampers on the epson printer
We are having some problems with our black

thank you

tollerdad

We are having same issue with our GS6000 black channel. Did not pull cover to find air in line but our nozzle check looks the same as pictured in this thread. Please send link to damper change instructions.

Thanks

T

toren

I currently have a call to Epson. A tech told me (did not want me to mention names) that epson has had some issues with black ink seperating, and thus having solids. when doing a head flush, the solids run to the head and clog. We just had this happen. Had some banding, ran 10+ heavy cleanings, with no success, ordered $600 in head washing cartidges, went thru the process successfully, and black is now completely clogged. All others are great. I will keep posted how successful I am or not. Epson Customer rep wanted to contact the tech....probably to repramend him. Tech stated that there was an actual tech update sheet sent out suggesting techs place inline filters in black ink line.

rdm01

Hmm...
Just came on to see what we could do about a GS6000 with an almost completely clogged black head. Looks like the problem may be with black ink separating.

Haven't heard much as far as a resolution here, guessing we need a tech to come out and solve this?

Thank you for any help in advance.

Hmm...
Just came on to see what we could do about a GS6000 with an almost completely clogged black head. Looks like the problem may be with black ink separating.

Haven't heard much as far as a resolution here, guessing we need a tech to come out and solve this?

Thank you for any help in advance.

Yes, we had to have a tech come out to replace the head, and add the filter.