• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Excellent Folding Table For Shop

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya sure lose a lotta lotta wall space by hanging a table on a wall. Clever idea, but not very practicable in a workshop. Hate to see that 2 x 4 fall down in your face when ya first open it up.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Smart idea. Knowing me I'd forget to flip the lock down - turn around to walk off & be on my way to the hospital with a concussion.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Ya sure lose a lotta lotta wall space by hanging a table on a wall. Clever idea, but not very practicable in a workshop. Hate to see that 2 x 4 fall down in your face when ya first open it up.
Not an issue, that 2x4 looks like pine - everyone knows that is a 'soft' wood.

jimbug72

It is pretty clever. I could see it being very useful if floor real estate is in higher demand than wall real estate, like in that guy's garage. I would love to do a smaller version of that to have the option to make my 4x8 work table into a 6x8 when needed. Unfortunately our walls have no vacancies.

Reveal1

Hmm. Since Christmas, the kid in me has been scheming for a way to resurrect my childhood with a slot car track in for the living room. Maybe I can figure a way to wrap the underside as a canvas and sneak it by the wife...

Pat Whatley

Hmm. Since Christmas, the kid in me has been scheming for a way to resurrect my childhood with a slot car track in for the living room. Maybe I can figure a way to wrap the underside as a canvas and sneak it by the wife...
As someone who had that urge a few years ago that $400 I spent on cars and track would have been much better spent on pretty much anything else. The nostalgia wore off REAL quick.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Amusingly primitive, very clever, and useless. Most people, like myself, have far more floor space than wall space.

netsol

when we rented our current (much too small) space i saw a video for something like this. on this old house. we built 2 stationary benches 36" x 72" that fold against the wall like a murphy bed.
it has worked out pretty well, allowing us to get by with this space.

it is better suited to making a garage do double duty as a workshop

Reveal1

As someone who had that urge a few years ago that $400 I spent on cars and track would have been much better spent on pretty much anything else. The nostalgia wore off REAL quick.
Yep, sort of like the vinyl path I went down last year. Ended up digitizing all my LPs when I figured out my old ears can't tell the difference except the extra snap/crackle/pop. Back to the topic, I can see where this would be good as a backup table in the shop. All our shelving in our small shop is on wheels, so we wouldn't really lose wall space.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Clever idea! Might be a bit heavy for a woman. I built 3 - 4'x8' pine tables for my shop (pretty heavy). My counter is pine with corrugated metal on the front. My back counter is also pine. I stained everything Minwax Jacobean so it looks a little rustic and warm. Also made some shelves for all the school spirit items I'm starting to make. I get most of my ideas from Pinterest.

Greg Kelm

www.cheetaprint.com
Nice for a tight space, but I'd be worried about employees hurting themselves with a table like that. I don't have a space issue and built 2-5x10' work tables and 2-3x20' banner welding tables from steel. combined with shelf for storage and good casters, they should be pretty universal.

Attachments

• Work Tables.JPG
    Work Tables.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 257

myront

CorelDRAW is best
We had two broken large format printers laying around (colorspan) so we made two seperate 4 x 8 tabletops to set on the metal printer stands. Have the option to roll em together for an 8 x 8.