• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Extreme Makeover Submissions - Vote Now

Extreme Makeover Design Contest - Vote Now

• Post 2 - GraphiXtreme

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Post 3 - iSign

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Post 4 - Replicator

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Post 5 - Gino #1

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Post 5 - Gino #2

• Post 6 - mladams7259

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Post 7 - Marlene

• Post 8 - Marlene

Votes: 15 19.0%
  • Post 9 - Steve C. #1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Post 9 - Steve C. #2

• Post 9 - Steve C. #3

• Post 9 - Steve C. #4

• Post 10 - Gino

• Post 11 - Jillbeans #1

• Post 11 - Jillbeans #2

• Post 11 - Jillbeans #3

• Post 11 - Jillbeans #4

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Post 11 - Jillbeans #5

• Post 12 - Air Art Girl

• Post 13 - Marlene

• Post 14 - Sign-Man Signs

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Post 15 - slapakiss

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Replicator

The reason I like the sign I posted is because it doesn't even have a name on it

so how do you know where the heck you're eating if you're just passing through

town . . . would you eat at a place that didn't have a name
774075bb.gif

Replicator

I might eat there, but it would be more difficult to refer someone esle to check it out.

They actually have the best burgers ever . . . You go in and order a son-in-law burger . . .

Not even on the menu, but locals know what it is . . . Sad thing is, the ballfield sign we made

for them last year is better than their actual sign !

iSign

. . . Sad thing is, the ballfield sign we made

for them last year is better than their actual sign !

well... that ain't sayin' much now is it? :biggrin:

..so what would come of the makeover if your suggestion stays in the lead Marc?
Would this client be someone who would be offended to show them whatever happens here in that case?

Replicator

I don't think they would be offended,

I think they would be surprised and then asking :help:

If I were to win this leg of the contest . . .

I would then fill in the blanks about their name,

what they're interior themes are,

and why they don't currently have a better sign . . . !

Last edited:

SignosaurusRex

Rep, I cant begin to tell you how many times I've gone through that town and have never seen that sign until this past Friday. Good lord, its on the only real street through town, and I had to look for it! Theres a selling point for ya.
5f7de8e2.gif

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If a sign is picked for the facelift, should we also include an installation cost ??

It would be interesting if when the sign is finished should it be presented to the actual owner… and should we take up a collection and have the person that submitted it, install it for the owner…?? Kinda like that thing on TV where they rebuild someone’s home or fix it up without any costs to the owners. We could get some real publicity out of this.

Fred’s House/sign/face makeover 101.

Also, who gets in trouble for stealing the ‘Original’ maker of the crappy sign… design ??

Seriously, can we get in any trouble by not having any written authorization for doing this ?? All the questions of legal copyrights all the time just make me wonder on something that already exists.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It all sounds wonderful surprising the sign owner with a nice new sign but it's not a reality TV show. The whole thing could turn very sour very quickly.

Ken

Well, yes Fred. But i cant see the local Legion having a problem with it. BUt you never know. Asking first would help.
Ken

Holeshotrob

When I saw this thread, I knew I had a really good candidate for this. I've been eyeing this thing for a while now...I took this picture just over 2 years ago...just waiting to get a chance to redo it.

Chris, I drive by this sign all the time and really have wanted to fix this crappy thing. Looks like the sun did something wierd to it. The funny thing is... it's been like this for years!

I used to play semi-pro football and we practiced on this field and it always bugged me! That was at least 10 yrs ago!!!

Anyhoo I thought Marlene's #8 was the most deserving of a makeover and I gotta admit that I agree with pitching in and making a replacement for them. They would really appreciate it, I guarantee it!:thumb:

jimdes

As I travel around the country, I get an opportunity to see A LOT OF SIGNS! This sampling is just a drop in the bucket . . . imagine seeing this many bad signs every day . . . I'm sure some of you do.

Just remember, every one of those is an opportunity for more business . . . and a great opportunity for beginning sign makers because the bar has been set so low. Just remember to take before and after photos so you can build your portfolio!

Ken

Kinda like the Dallas Stars..comin' from behind!
Good on 'ya Jill!
But will you actually show the makeover to the "winner"?
Is that business still even in business?
Love...ken

Onri97477

I would like to vote for Marlene's #8 that is, if I can vote? I think they would be the most deserving. It would be my pleasure to chip in for them!