• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

F*&% pos **%$&* $&*&

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
don't you find that once this happens the 40 minutes you spent the first time somehow melts into say 30 minute the second time?

always feels like the second time around goes quicker....

Yes but still keep thinking how much farther along I would be had I not been so forgetful or wishing Adobe would have included such a simple feature. One you could turn on/off. Autosave might be a chore on incredibly large files

qmr55

I made an auto-save standalone for Illustrator and Photoshop products.
Contact me if you're interested in it. Runs along side the product and auto saves per a set interval.

Dentafrice

Feel your pain man, I agree with the temp file idea.

But at the end of the day, the saying goes.. save early and save often! :(

Border

I would also like to see a talent pallet, with an adjustable slider, similar to the transparency adjuster.
An experience plug-in would rock too!

qmr55

Here is what it looks like, for anyone interested.

Attachments

• AutoSave.jpg
    AutoSave.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 86

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
It's a good thing CorelDRAW has had its auto-save feature for a very long time. Certain versions were a little more crash-prone than others. Even with auto-save working it's only going to give you progress up to that last auto-save. But that's better than having to re-start from scratch.

The Vector Doctor said:
Buttons are for amateurs. Keyboard shortcuts are the way to go.

I just wish Ctrl+Z and Alt+Ctrl+Z worked in real life situations. Spilled a drink across the table? Ctrl+Z! Car wreck? Ctrl+Z!

RobbyMac

I guess I dont use illustrator enough to realize it doesnt have an auto backup feature.

In fairness, corels autobackup is great, until you start working with large files and have to wait for backups every interval. Instead I use the autobackup on save. It's saved my butt a few times. Mostly due to network/disk errors rather than computer errors. Corelx3 has been pretty damn stable for me thank god (some past versions were a pita, like corel 9 which locks up on me whenever I open a file dialog (save, export.import/open, etc)) Which is unfortunately due to the nvidia card I have in my machine at home.

qmr55

You should sell that as a little widget sorta thing, set up a paypal link for a few bucks or whatever. Looks like a great add-on!

I already set everything up, just never actually went live with it!

I think I might! If anyone is interested email me at sam@devo-designs.com or PM me here, I wanna see if there is any interest before advertising it.

Thanks!

qmr55

I meant to ask, is there any other Adobe products that people would like to see added to that?

Once again, email or PM me for details on where to download!

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Forgive my ignorance, but why would anyone want an autosave feature? What if you're working on an existing file, but you are just trying some ideas and don't really want it saved? Wouldn't it go ahead and save the changes you've made even if you don't want to?

Corel Draw's auto save doesn't just overwrite the file, it creates a backup from when it was last manually saved ... also you can have it create a temp save that if it crashes it will bring it back up.

Illustrator would be great to have an auto save though.

qmr55

Corel Draw's auto save doesn't just overwrite the file, it creates a backup from when it was last manually saved ... also you can have it create a temp save that if it crashes it will bring it back up.

Illustrator would be great to have an auto save though.

Did you see my auto save for Illi & PS? That feature could be added in the future if enough interest is shown...