• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fallen Soldier

miltondavis

Big respect to the fallen and big respect to you for trying to do something nice.
IMO- If I saw a banner of my passed loved one/friend I would be honored that someone went out their way to show respect and remembrance.

iSign

Attached are ideas for a vertical banner, they look to be in good taste if you ask me, I'm a Vietnam veteran, served 18 months in Vietnam. There is nothing tacky about them!

:thumb:
Absolutely not tacky!! Great example...

I'm ashamed I used to be as big an asshole as I see others being around here...
I guess people can't tell when they're assholes sometimes.

Shovelhead

A banner is still tacky.....as is utilizing a deragatory term in an open forum.

:U Rock:

As a veteran who served in Viet Nam and have the purple hearts to prove it, I think any as that can't see the need to honor and respect the brave people who fight and die to give us the privilege of being free should keep thier tacky mouth shut. A banner, a plaque, a flag or any type of honor and respect is far better than the spit I recieved years ago while hobbling thru airports on crutches, probaly from some of the same as that do not not want to honor these heroes today.

iSign

oh wait.. where is that "tact" key... oh... a$$holes.. there, forgetting my manners..

funny thing about baiting... you often get just what you cast for...

signmeup

As a veteran who served in Viet Nam and have the purple hearts to prove it, I think any as that can't see the need to honor and respect the brave people who fight and die to give us the privilege of being free should keep thier tacky mouth shut. A banner, a plaque, a flag or any type of honor and respect is far better than the spit I recieved years ago while hobbling thru airports on crutches, probaly from some of the same as that do not not want to honor these heroes today.

If any of this post is aimed at me read the fifth line in my post #11. I'm all for showing support and honoring these people who made the ultimate sacrifice for their fellow countrymen.

Last edited:

sjm

Nah I think you're too soft. I remember a great quote from a racing legend. He said opinions are like assholes and everyone has one.

I don't think he was too far off the mark.

Grafix USA

These banners are not tacky and would communicate great respect for Seal by the church. I'm sure the family would not be offended to have people there no matter what their banners/signs look like.

Attached are ideas for a vertical banner, they look to be in good taste if you ask me, I'm a Vietnam veteran, served 18 months in Vietnam. There is nothing tacky about them!

Here is a link to a good article about The Fallen Heroes memorial consisting of more than two dozen banners bearing the names, faces and stories of South Dakota’s recent casualties of war.

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...ner&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&rlz=1W1GGIE_en&tbs=isch:1

Fitch

A banner can be as "tacky" or as classy as the person who designed it. Remember - it's the content not the format. I have seen "Banners" with digital printing "knocked out" and two and three layers of vinyl layed in the knockouts, including gold on black/red.
Looked a million dollars and very very respectful.

Might I say with respect to many, take a note from your Mother "If you have nothing nice to say - say nothing at all".

K2 was after ideas - not a critique.

Just because YOU live in a million dollar home - don't cricise those that don't or can't through whatever reason.

K2 I think you should definately go with a banner. It is flexible and will not end up in Nebraska if the wind comes up. It can easily be laid flat to earth whilst the aircraft is in the air. People can hold it with respect - yet can be tied to a fence etc should people get tired of holding it. Small children can become part of the process without any weight or rigidity problems. At the end of the day, it can be rolled up, given to family and stored with convenience, and longevity. Another 100 "pocketsize" leafs can be printed and handed out to attendees as a momento of the day.

Just ensure it is classy and well laid out in the design to show the respect this no doubt good man deserves.

For goodness sakes people - play nice.

Cheers

Last edited:

Joe Diaz

It's the thought that counts. I'm sure what ever media you choose, the family and friends will appreciate any act of kindness during a tough time.