• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Favorite Quote from a Customer Today

Dice

"Ohh i know it doesn't cost you guys much at all to print it, so why don't you just reprinting it for me for free"

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
not today, but within the last week:
i just want what i had. i know i don't have a picture and you don't have a file, but that's all i really want. why can't you just make what i had before?

after i informed her that she'd be charged for the two designs i'd already showed her even if she didn't get the banner from me, she quickly found a picture of what she had before.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
Good one. What's the background?

One of our clients had a problem with a vendor who made some car striping and did NOT do a good job. The client asked them to reprint but the sign shop would only do it for full pop. I think in cases like these cost of materials or free is appropriate.

Depending on what was done and who is at fault.

GoodPeopleFlags

Recently a woman wanted a 4'x4' sign. I sent her the layout and she said she liked it but wanted to see what it would look like turned the other way. I told her it would be the same since it's 4'x4'. She said, "Oh, so you can't turn it the other way?". What do you say to that?!

Another guy picked up a 4'x8' and didn't have a truck. He decided he would CUT IT IN HALF to get it into the backseat of his Ford Taurus. He wanted to cut it 4'x4'. I told him it wouldn't fit and showed him how 4' was too tall to fit. He said, with a tone like I was an idiot, he could turn it the other way. I had to explain that it was still 4' tall. (He decided to cut it 2'x8' and put it in the trunk through the backseat. wow.)

omgsideburns

Another guy picked up a 4'x8' and didn't have a truck. He decided he would CUT IT IN HALF to get it into the backseat of his Ford Taurus. He wanted to cut it 4'x4'. I told him it wouldn't fit and showed him how 4' was too tall to fit. He said, with a tone like I was an idiot, he could turn it the other way. I had to explain that it was still 4' tall. (He decided to cut it 2'x8' and put it in the trunk through the backseat. wow.)

we have a....
WINNER

Flame

Attachments

• troll.jpg
    troll.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 84

Rodi

Whistler, the artist, in his book the gentile art of making enemies… was sued because the painting only took him a day and a half. When he made his presentation in court, he said it took him a lifetime to get to that point, meaning his experience in life up to that point allowed him to do the work with high quality and quickly.

Border

On Monday morning I get a call from a PITA customer...

"Sign-a-Rama says they'd do my whole truck for half of what you charged. So if you want to keep our business, you're going to have to sharpen your pencil".

This came shortly after he tried to demand that I letter his dump trailer on Sunday, and after standing me up on 3 different previous appointments, and after calling my cell phone on the 4th of July to try and schedule a meeting THAT day!

Customers like this make me wish I could charge/bill like a lawyer, where every minute and every phone call or email is billed out.

buh bye!

Attachments

• Jetson-Fired.jpg
    Jetson-Fired.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 107

TheSnowman

Recently a woman wanted a 4'x4' sign. I sent her the layout and she said she liked it but wanted to see what it would look like turned the other way. I told her it would be the same since it's 4'x4'. She said, "Oh, so you can't turn it the other way?". What do you say to that?!

Oh my gosh...this is just stinkin' classic. I have people all the time show up in a car to pick up a 4' X 8'. If it's a business, I just tell them I'll drop it off sometime in the next couple weeks whenever it works out for me...normally they are glad I'll do that. The whole town is only like 6 miles wide, so no big deal. Loved the guy who wanted to flip his board, and acted like you were an idiot though.

Zambookajoe

Had a customer come in last week and he was measuring a sign with his hands "you know make it 2 foot by 3 foot" I said you sure you dont want to measure it first and call me with the dimensions, "no no just print " ok so I print he pays. Comes back yesterday. "you were right It dont fit"
so he gives me the dimensions 10"x94" inch WOW and he works for a mechanical engineerring company

go figure

S

Sign-Man Signs

My favorite saying is by John Wayne. "All hat and no cattle" which I apply to customers that want a quote for 600 signs and then want you to keep your price quoted when they order 50.

Border

and he works for a mechanical engineerring company

go figure

Sometimes, they're the worst and it makes ya wonder.

I have a friend who is a structural engineer at a major airline and I swear, that guy can't even get the cap back on his toothpaste without cross-threading it....thank goodness for the new flip-top caps!

mark in tx

This has happened more times than I thought possible, customer walks in the door and says,

"Do you make signs?"

Last time it happened, I walked outside, made a show of looking up at the sign over the door, walked back in and said "Yes, we make signs."