• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fellers.........Cha cha cha changes?

Typestries

I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet. Fellers new direction with "certified" program gone and install training "institute".....and another site remake?

I like them as a supplier. They are on their A game for us. Frank might be on to something.

beckys

Funny, I went to order a cut 48" log, they don't do that anymore, and they don't have 15" arlon white HP either.
So, I may not oreder a lot from them but still..
So, what is frank on now...a supplier he is not anymore...liked it when it was Ameriban, ah back in the day...

Typestries

Here's an update, after I requested the OK to share the details from my rep.

FELLERS is changing its website in the next couple weeks and as a result FELLERS Certified is being discontinued. That doesn't mean we are not going to promote you any longer. The "Find an Installer" section of the website will still be available and we will still link to your sites for customers in your area that are interested in getting wraps.

We are also going to be starting our Social Media campaign and will be looking to link to each of you as well as promoting your work.

We are also going to be getting each of you a free password to use the videos on "The Wrap Institute" website until the end of the year. This website and videos are produced by Justin Pate who is one of the leading wrap trainers and demonstrators in the world.

FELLERS appreciates your business and we realize this is a change for each of you but it will allow us to focus on what we can do which is promote wraps and let people know where they can go to get them done.

FELLERS will be communicating the password for "The Wrap Institute" when it becomes available over the next week or so.

ChiknNutz

While I have been out of the game for a while now, it also looks like they no longer make custom banners anymore. This used to be a core competency for them when they were known as Ameriban, know it seems they want to focus mostly on wraps.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Fellers is a good company if you don't care about paying a lot.

Paying a lot for what? They've matched or beat any quote I've brought to the table for materials and inks.
Next day free shipping from any of 5 warehouses around me.

What products are you "paying alot" for? wrap magnets? Big Squeegee? Yellow Tools Stool?
Vinyl and Ink have been identical on prices between Grimco and Fellers. "In my experience".

jfiscus

Rap Master
They told us about it, said that they just weren't certifying new companies and that only the existing certified companies will be listed on their site. They told us we had nothing to worry about and that we're still listed as fellers certified. No idea if it matters or has ever gotten us any business though.

Shadowglen

Paying a lot for what? They've matched or beat any quote I've brought to the table for materials and inks.
Next day free shipping from any of 5 warehouses around me.

What products are you "paying alot" for? wrap magnets? Big Squeegee? Yellow Tools Stool?
Vinyl and Ink have been identical on prices between Grimco and Fellers. "In my experience".

x2 Free Shipping price match, and lots of locations to pull from. My other vendors say they will match the price but not the shipping. Rolls of Magnet, and 54" material get pricy to ship. Supply wise Fellers has always been there for me.

petepaz

fellers gets beat up a lot hear and i have been guilty of it my self from time to time but lately if i email my rep for pricing on items he is pretty competitive.
they are not the best at everything but neither are any other of my suppliers. they all have items that are priced right and some items not so much.
i will say i do miss the banner sewing they used to do but we don't do a ton of banners so we have been surviving on power tape and tabs with no problems so far

Z SIGNS

Untitled-1.jpg

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I don't use Avery but that's only $25 less than Fellers catalog price for a 54" roll. If you pay Fellers catalog prices from Fellers, you are doing it wrong..... I think it does depend on your volume as far as how low they will price things for you though. We don't pay anywhere close to the catalog prices from Fellers. You do have to ask your sales rep for their best price.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't use Avery but that's only $25 less than Fellers catalog price for a 54" roll. If you pay Fellers catalog prices from Fellers, you are doing it wrong..... I think it does depend on your volume as far as how low they will price things for you though. We don't pay anywhere close to the catalog prices from Fellers. You do have to ask your sales rep for their best price.

It's really based on volume. Someone buying a few rolls a year vs. someone buying a few rolls a month will always get better prices, regardless of who is doing the selling. It's only good business. However, you can't get it if you don't ask for it. Again, some of the deals are based on your company's history. It's really between you and them.... not even across the board as some make it sound. We were buying screen printing supplies, banners, 1-Shot paints and lots more, but as they sold less, our volume went elsewhere. We still do a fair amount, but not like the old days.

Anyway, we're also a good customer of Feller's. Been with them since the earliest of days. I think Frank was in diapers and his uncle was leading the charge back then. Our customer number is #4. :omg:

CES020

Fellers is a good company if you don't care about paying a lot.

Around here, they beat Advantages prices by a decent amount. We don't pay catalog prices, and their rep stops by about once a month, or more often if a factory rep is in town and we want to see them.

Z SIGNS

Well I am old and grumpy.I also spend at least $100,000 a year on sign supplies.

I don't have the time or the desire to check prices each time I order a roll of something.
Yes Fellers will give you a better price than what's listed in their catalog but I have to ask each and every time you order.

No thanks

My suppliers know that they must give me the best possible prices without asking or they are done.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well I am old and grumpy.I also spend at least $100,000 a year on sign supplies.

I don't have the time or the desire to check prices each time I order a roll of something.
Yes Fellers will give you a better price than what's listed in their catalog but I have to ask each and every time you order.

No thanks

My suppliers know that they must give me the best possible prices without asking or they are done.

Heck, I don't even have time for that. Our special prices are written in on our account. Rarely am I checking prices, unless someone here makes mention of something or I happen to see one while browsing around.

We just bid on an order which took some time to orchestrate, but when I was done, saving a dollar here and a dollar there meant the savings of several thousands of dollars overall. We did get the job, and now we have to find room for all this stock. I had called a few members here to help take some of the burden off of us, but they couldn't get anywhere close to our pries, so we're gonna be running the midnight oil for a few weeks.

Anyway, like anything in life, you hafta negotiate your pricing schedule with these vendors.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Our fellers rep stops by every day, sometimes twice lol.
And then there's the regular delivery guy...
We order a "decent amount" and none of our other suppliers can even come close to their pricing on a few items.
But, we also order a decent amount of materials from other suppliers like Advantage.
Keeping track of who has the lowest price on a particular item is the hard part!

Stanton

I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet. Fellers new direction with "certified" program gone and install training "institute".....and another site remake?

ESL ?

Once upon a time, one needed to be coherent.

Fifth grade education. So proud of them self.

PM me if you have some problem with my assessment.

No hate, just IQ.

-Glenn Stanton

AboveAllGraphx

Big Changes

I like them as a supplier. They are on their A game for us. Frank might be on to something.

I heard they are making BIG changes, most of them are supposed to be done by the end of the year from what I was told. I also "heard" they are coming out with an iPhone and Android app so you can place orders from your smartphone! Crazy!! I've love dealing with them, they're the largest vinyl & wrap distributor in the world, and they'll match or beat any competitors price, you just have to get in touch with your outside sales rep for discount pricing. I like the direction they are heading in, they are keeping their outside sales force, and optimizing their website, rather than doing what Grimco did and fired most of their outside reps, and just enhanced their website. They've been going downhill for the last 2 years in my opinion, I won't deal with them unless it's last resort, and Fellers doesn't have it stocked locally. They have like freaking 75 warehouses now......CRAZY! :rock-n-roll: