• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fellers ordering anxiety

gnubler

I made up with Fellers, for the time being. Needed only a few yards of particular vinyl, I ordered it yesterday afternoon and it showed up THIS MORNING! I'm impressed.

Had to laugh at the image of Frank printed on the invoice, two instances of him. He's like the Oprah of the wrap vinyl world.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
I haven't had to deal with Feller's (or purchasing at all) for quite a few years now, but I miss the days when they'd answer your call in "90 seconds or less." That seems to have gone away about 10 years ago.

gnubler

Maybe 9 minutes or less - that's what led to me starting this thread. Having to repeatedly call them because a product on the website says to call for availability drives me mad.

clarksigns

I order most of my vinyl from Fellers and it seems like their available inventory, according to their website, is getting worse and worse. Checking on availability requires a phone call and the process is so time consuming and nerve wracking. On one order for a specialty wrap film I had to run through 8 different color choices before finding one they actually had in stock.

I know there's a lot of Fellers hate on the forum - is this why? Where are you all ordering the bulk of your vinyl from and are you happy with the process/service? I'm ready to find some different suppliers, even if it costs more. My volume is low and I tend to place stock orders 2x a month.
I only order ink from Fellers anymore...I got tired of them never having anything in my local branch and my shop is a mile from one of the warehouses.
I have been enthusiastically ordering from Grimco and my rep John Hughes is awesome..call 1-800-542-9941

netsol

Maybe 9 minutes or less - that's what led to me starting this thread. Having to repeatedly call them because a product on the website says to call for availability drives me mad.
9 minutes sounds pretty good, compared to some of the companies i have to call

TateM

Going through this right now with Fellers and found this post.

Fellers:
They give me the best pricing on everything. Not one supplier has been able to beat or even match them.
I order a lot by the full roll and all year they are constantly telling me they only have 1 yard (if any) in stock. If I contact another supplier- they'll just drop ship a full roll and say there is plenty in stock, so it seems to be a Feller's issue.

Grimco:
Contacted a rep and their pricing is HIGH. Some rolls they're $50 higher, others $100+ higher. They used to give us decent pricing, but our rep left a couple years ago and they removed our pricing. I tried multiple times with a new rep and they will not budge on their prices. Even other suppliers have lower published pricing than the Grimco rep is giving me. When I asked if they could do better and showed them other offerings, they just stopped responding. I only use them when I know it's a manufacturer backorder item that I have to wait months for and no one else will drop ship.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Going through this right now with Fellers and found this post.

Fellers:
They give me the best pricing on everything. Not one supplier has been able to beat or even match them.
I order a lot by the full roll and all year they are constantly telling me they only have 1 yard (if any) in stock. If I contact another supplier- they'll just drop ship a full roll and say there is plenty in stock, so it seems to be a Feller's issue.

Grimco:
Contacted a rep and their pricing is HIGH. Some rolls they're $50 higher, others $100+ higher. They used to give us decent pricing, but our rep left a couple years ago and they removed our pricing. I tried multiple times with a new rep and they will not budge on their prices. Even other suppliers have lower published pricing than the Grimco rep is giving me. When I asked if they could do better and showed them other offerings, they just stopped responding. I only use them when I know it's a manufacturer backorder item that I have to wait months for and no one else will drop ship.
Surprised to hear that about Grimco. Usually they are quick to discount especially to match a competitor

Stacey K

I like making signs
Vinyl by the yard I have been extremely lucky with RVinyl. Everything I have needed in small quantities they have had in stock.