• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

fellers platinum packages

MafiaWraps

I have a professional window tinting and clear bra shop that does vinyl graphics as well. I am expanding into the wrapping world. Just wanted some honest opinions of the value of a turn key package like the one they offer. I am new here just looking for opinions on the value or do most of you think its overpriced. Package is 56k. Thanks for any and all honest replies....MERRY CHRISTMAS:thankyou:

Poconopete

Do you have any design talent or a designer on staff? Have you done wraps? Training? Like to throw money around? Throw it at me!
Welcome from PA.

MafiaWraps

I have a designer, yes, not on payroll. I have worked with wrap material and feel very confident. I apply clear bras, and if you can nail them down clean I will feel comfortable with wraps, been a tinter for 23 years. Im not gonna say i wont come across problems, im just not afraid. So im guessing you arent in favor of the package??

FatCat

There have been 2 shops within 20 miles of me that purchased their platinum packages within the last year and both have been trying like hell to unload them on Craigslist, Ebay and every other means necessary. Nobody is buying...

It is a great package, but it's a LOT of coin and a big monthly payment if you finance it. Make certain you have the need before you pull the trigger. Otherwise, the safe bet is to sub your work out until you have enough to warrant said equipment. Or, do what I did and purchase your equipment as you can afford it. Certainly smarter than biting off more than you can chew.

Poconopete

Depends on your goal. You can put a good, usable package together for less and avoid Avery and software you can't sell.

Mosh

Sub out the printing until you have ALOT of work lined up. Then buy what you need, that package is alot of money IMO.

Mafia Wraps HA HA HA! With a shop name like that I bet you had a goatie and play softball too.

Mosh

Would have been cool back in 2002 when all the Biker and Chrome Shop Mafia shows where in style. Not anymore, sorry.

Circleville Signs

Echoing the sentiments of others in the thread here, the Feller's package is anywhere from 5-10% too high. We looked at it when we bought our equipment, and I was able to get a much better deal through Advantage. Of course, we didn't get the "platinum" stuff that Feller's offers. Went with a 54" and an RS laminator, with a Graphtec FC8000 plotter. We also got about $2k worth of media and inks as well as a $1500 credit towards whatever we wanted to order from them. Total cost was around $26k.

Gary

Pat Whatley

Got to agree with Mosh. The name is fine for a certain segment of the market but at the same time it's going to instantly turn off another segment. Why limit your market base?

Just out of curiosity have all window tinters decided to get in the wrap business?

Mosh

Cause all you have to do is put stickers on cars, heck just like tinting!
Oh WHAT, you have to design this stuff? No problem, my cousin has photoshop at home, you should see these killer designs he makes for our fantasy football league brackets He is good!

MafiaWraps

we have been into graphics for years. I have many of my clients asking for wraps. window tint and clear bra is a smooth transition to applications of wraps. wrap installs are more forgiving. some installing films such as tint and paint protection........... CLEAN, has set very good grounds to wrap nice and professional. how does accentwraps sound to you guys??? thanks for all the honest feedback as well mates, goodonya

Bigdawg

Just Me
Well I like the name... but I play way too much Mafia Wars LOL...

But you will turn off the professionals looking for a wrap... you gangsta you.... and those are where the fleet money comes into play....

Sure... you can wrap Joe's cool hopped up toyota... but do I trust you to wrap my business vehicle? Mmmm maybe not so much.

And I'm with the sub-it-out-til-ya-learn-it crowd. Seriously save yourself some money while you see if that whole wrapping thing is gonna work for ya'.

Mosh

Accentwraps. Much better, but make sure someone else doesn't have it, it sounds familiar to me for some reason. What graphic program you use?

BTW welcome to 101!!!! :)

MafiaWraps

mosh, I agree, its not a simple install. I hear it all the time, "i used to tint my own stuff all the time, i just dont have the time, thats why Im here. " I have a designer that i have set up, very good artist, been friends for a loooooong time. Just looking for a good value in equipment

DGDesigns

There's a guy from Ohio selling the Fellers Gold Package on ebay. It's only one year old. The bidding ends tomorrow, but as of now he's not seeing the bids he needs because he separated the items. He said he would unload the package for $25,000. He also has a Wasatch RIP. Search "Mutoh Digital Printer" on e-bay and look for "fasteddie87"