• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 10 Coming Soon

Steph_Stamm

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the feedback. We are working on a new bundled patch to fix a lot of the issues you are all seeing. We don't have a release date yet, but in the meantime we have some smaller patches to fix specific issues. Please email our support team with your specific issue at eSupport@SAintl.biz. If we have a patch for your bug, we'll email it to you. If it's something we haven't heard of before, we'll send it on to the engineers to take a look.

We always try to beta test the software like crazy before release, but there are often things it's impossible to find until the software is run in a real-world environment. By emailing our support team, it does help us to know what issues you're finding so that we can make the best and smoothest software possible. We apologize for any issues you've had, but we appreciate the feedback so that we can make better software.

Thanks!

Kemble

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the feedback. We are working on a new bundled patch to fix a lot of the issues you are all seeing. We don't have a release date yet, but in the meantime we have some smaller patches to fix specific issues. Please email our support team with your specific issue at eSupport@SAintl.biz. If we have a patch for your bug, we'll email it to you. If it's something we haven't heard of before, we'll send it on to the engineers to take a look.

We always try to beta test the software like crazy before release, but there are often things it's impossible to find until the software is run in a real-world environment. By emailing our support team, it does help us to know what issues you're finding so that we can make the best and smoothest software possible. We apologize for any issues you've had, but we appreciate the feedback so that we can make better software.

Thanks!

No offense, but why should we have to email for a patch? What's wrong with SAi posting patches on their website for each specific fix?

Sounds easier that having to field an inbox full of emails, you can just point them to a website.

I'm currently back and forth with Dwight on an issue with the nesting of contour cut jobs. I must be the first person to use this feature because they are just now being made aware that if you add 2 jobs to production manager, change the qty of job #1 to 2 and job #2 to 3 they overlap each other or get cropped off. I would of thought a simple internal test would of caught this.

CS-SignSupply

Doug, I could not agree more. One thing that I did learn from a user was that the Graphtec cutters require the use of the 1" crop marks, while Flexi defaults to 1/2". This was causing an error when trying to read the marks.

As of right now, the SAi website is lacking in updated content and details, including the dealer backend.

SAS

Is anyone using a Mimaki JV-33 and CG 160-FX combo?

On the Mimaki cutter you have to cut mark detect off in the control panel. But when I send the job to the cutter I'm getting a pop up window that tells me to make sure mark detect is off and that is as far as I'm getting.

Steph_Stamm

As of right now, the SAi website is lacking in updated content and details, including the dealer backend.

Once we have a full update that encompasses all of the little patches, then we'll post it. I will keep you guys updated as to when that happens!

Also, as for emailing support for a patch, we would like to have a record of who is experiencing what. This will let us know which issues are the most pressing, and will also ensure we hear about any new issues.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Is support still available for 8.6 users?
I upgraded from 7.6 at the first of this year and 8.6 is hitting me with some hard to nail down bugs.
EPS print errors from files generated in Illy Corel and Flexi that show up at odd times ruining some fairly expensive 180c in the process.

Handing over some more money in hopes of avoiding these issues is not very appealing right now.

wayne k
guam usa

Jim Doggett

Is support still available for 8.6 users?
I upgraded from 7.6 at the first of this year and 8.6 is hitting me with some hard to nail down bugs.
EPS print errors from files generated in Illy Corel and Flexi that show up at odd times ruining some fairly expensive 180c in the process.

Handing over some more money in hopes of avoiding these issues is not very appealing right now.

wayne k
guam usa

Hi Wayne,

Corel and IA are usually pretty solid when Postscripting files. But save settings can be an issue. We can help make sure you're doing it in the most reliable way ... which is usually a version or two behind the cutting edge.

If you bought your Flexi from us, call our support at 800 966 1783 (They're there till 11pm Central tonight). If not, please search our knowledgebase here: http://www.signwarehouse.com/support/

Best Regards,

Jim

choucove

Once we have a full update that encompasses all of the little patches, then we'll post it. I will keep you guys updated as to when that happens!

Also, as for emailing support for a patch, we would like to have a record of who is experiencing what. This will let us know which issues are the most pressing, and will also ensure we hear about any new issues.

Exactly, this is the best way of handling exactly what issues the users are having. If you just put up files online, you will never get feedback from customers on exactly what is happening so you won't know what you need to fix. Emailing support directly can be a much better solution than what a lot of software vendors do, which is just come up with their "most plausible problems" and type an article up of some basic troubleshooting things to fix it. However, that method only offers solutions for a very limited set of problems that they foresee and is basically a one-size-fits-all method for fixing it which is actually rarely the way it works to fix things.

If you want an example, just try to get support for errors with Adobe Acrobat Reader, Shockwave, or Flash. There is none, only a guide for how to install, uninstall, and troubleshoot some of your other software settings.

Kemble

I'm extremely disappointed. I intentionally didn't buy PosterShop and waited for Flexi 10 to be released when Steph said that Nesting of contour cut jobs from Produciton Manager was a new feature of Flexi 10. Then once it was released I had to purchase the upgrade even after just purchasing the full version (8.6) in June. After purchasing the upgrade and getting it installed I went to do my first nesting contour cut job in production manager and I ran into problems.... cropped off edges by the crop marks and jobs overprint each other. Seriously... How could this feature go live without a simple internal test? I sent tech support my jobs and they were unable to produce a correct print, they ran into the same problems as I was.

So far I have nearly 2 full day's worth of testing and phone conferences with SAi's tech support. Who's going to pay for those lost hours? Why should I pay for a program that is broken and still needs to be tested? Now I have to wait god knows how long for a fix.

/rant off

Brandon708

I don't blame you for your Rant. I haven't been able to do a contour cut yet but after what you said im not looking forward to it.

choucove

At our shop so far we have been lucky and not really run into any issues except one, and I can't be sure even if it is Flexi 10 causing the error or something else really.

One of our three designers currently updated to Flexi 10 has noticed an error message appear occasionally when she tries to save a file. Sometimes it will first pop up an error message stating that the file (and it list the original file path of the current file being worked on) cannot be found, and then immediately after clicking OK another message opens saying that the file (and it displays the current file name and file type as whatever.fs) cannot be saved as it is not a Flexi file type. The only thing that can be done is to restart the computer which somehow miraculously fixes it for a while till it randomly appears again.

So far, it's only done it twice, but I'm not sure if it's Flexi yet or just something else. Her computer seems to be the only one doing it, but the computer is brand new and worked fine before Flexi 10.

choucove

Being as it is only that computer which we have seen that error on within Flexi 10, I'd have to say its something with that computer specifically. The strange thing is, while working in Flexi 8.1 on that computer (even tho it is running Windows 7) they have not received that error message.

I downloaded the little patch mentioned earlier and copied those files over yesterday. Hopefully that will cure any possible cause for this message. I'll keep you updated if we receive the message again.

jayhawksigns

Only been running 10 a couple of days, and so far if it wasn't for the 50% off then I wouldn't of been happy at all with the upgrade. May find more changes as I use it, but it feels like it should of been a .x step rather then a new version number.

My complaints so far mainly are due to the installation. On both of our design stations, one running Pro and the other Designer, the install program rebooted both computers without asking permission. Luckily I wasn't doing anything important on either at the time. Also, even though I selected the profiles for both of our printers during installation, it failed to install ICC profiles for either on our rip station. We don't print through Flexi presently, and I am just evaluating the current rip driver but come on.

Hopefully installation issues will be the bulk of our problems because I won't have to deal with them again.

Kemble

My complaints so far mainly are due to the installation. On both of our design stations, one running Pro and the other Designer, the install program rebooted both computers without asking permission. Luckily I wasn't doing anything important on either at the time. Also, even though I selected the profiles for both of our printers during installation, it failed to install ICC profiles for either on our rip station. We don't print through Flexi presently, and I am just evaluating the current rip driver but come on.

I noticed that as well. After installing Flexi 10 and choosing to install my printer with the preloaded ICC profiles I still had to use the 8.6 disk to install the color profiles.

Brandon708

Im having trouble with the contour cut feature. The cut but not where they are supposed to. I'm only cutting one row of stickers and the only decal that it gets close to right is the first one. Then as it cuts the other decals they get worse and worse.