• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Cloud Is Here!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Wow...talk about a tread coming completely unraveled and gone sideways! There are some here that would like to know about the new info without having to wade through all the sideline bullsh!* banter that has nothing to do with the original post. If you have nothing constructive to say and cannot ask a question of the OP in a reasonable manner than you are obviously not in the race, so, GET THE F OFF THE TRACK so the rest of us can run!

:goodpost:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Don't resist - it's the way forward.. it'll just cost ya.
Hey..... turn around, face forward and pay attention, no passing notes in class - you're gonna get us in trouble.....

So this cloud thing - what will it do for someone like me using Flexi 8.6 to run an eco sol on a sunny island in the Pacific?

wayne k
guam usa

Bly

Hey..... turn around, face forward and pay attention, no passing notes in class - you're gonna get us in trouble.....

So this cloud thing - what will it do for someone like me using Flexi 8.6 to run an eco sol on a sunny island in the Pacific?

wayne k
guam usa

When your speck goes under from global warming your software will be safe... in the cloud.

raw191

My copy of Flexi is ALWAYS in the cloud. I'm ready for a software I paid $2k for to WORK. I've been promised that the problems would be fixed in the upgrades...NOT!

ddarlak

Go Bills!
isn't complaining about a thread going sideways counter-productive?

back to my original question, what does the new update give me over the 10.5.1.2.3.7 i have now??

seriously, i didn't get it from the site.

as a long time user of flexi, this seems like a program set up for first timers or new users, so what's it do for me other than it's free and it's their way of making it to the cash cloud???

SignosaurusRex

..... So this cloud thing - what will it do for someone like me using Flexi 8.6 to run an eco sol on a sunny island in the Pacific?

wayne k
guam usa

EXACTLY...only difference is, I'm in the land of liquid sunshine. I like my Flexi 8.6...just forked out serious coin to go through a Mark Rugen Flexi training seminar (covering 8.6 & 10) and see no real reason to fork out more than pocket change to make another big jump... into a cloud.....? Sounds cool....but...???
...clouds = vapor....
Tell me something that will make me want to jump!!!

FrankW

just trying to find out what the hell this new version will do for me???

Not much. Flexi Cloud is Windows 8 compatible, they have a new filter for importing PDF's to the Editor who handles transparencies, and you can work with transparencies in FlexiCloud too.

The Cloud-functionality itself is currently very poor, but they told me about their plans, and it looks like that this can become interesting during the next 6 to 12 months.

And they have a new option for printing, a "Textile"-option who allows to create patterns, in the production manager. Don't know how much it will cost.

Be careful: FlexiCloud saves a log of every file printed out of flexi to the cloud, including preview and filename. And only the upload of the file name and preview can be switched off, not that log-functionality itself (only by disconnecting the computer from the internet).

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Be careful: FlexiCloud saves a log of every file printed out of flexi to the cloud, including preview and filename. And only the upload of the file name and preview can be switched off, not that log-functionality itself (only by disconnecting the computer from the internet).

What would the benefit to me be to have logs of what I have sent to my printer floating around up in the clouds?
What would the cloud people need that info for?
I know a well known copy machine company keeps a count of pages printed on their leased machines & charges by the copy.
Maybe a new cloud based revenue stream in the making?

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• dark cloud.jpg
    dark cloud.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 78

visual800

I guess I'm old school. I prefer a disk and aone time charge. I dont like all this subscription stuff and will avoid as long as a I can.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
The reason why this is called Flexi Cloud is because they have introduced the ability to store up to 1GB of files free in amazon cloud storage. There is no subscription with Flexi unless you want to use more than 1GB of storage on their amazon cloud servers. Saving your jobs to the cloud is completely optional but does have the benefits of an off site backup for really important files. The job log it uploads allows you to check what is being printed from your cell phone with their new application. This allows owners to keep an eye on what is being printed when they are out of the office.

genericname

The reason why this is called Flexi Cloud is because they have introduced the ability to store up to 1GB of files free in amazon cloud storage.

I'm going to assume things have changed greatly since I last used Flexi then. What are the job files like now? Used to be that just about every job file I generated with Flexi was over 1GB.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Most customer files I see in Flexi aren't that big and since version 8.5 it compresses the saved file to reduce the size. It all depends on the workflow in your shop if it makes sense to use it or not.

genericname

...and since version 8.5 it compresses the saved file to reduce the size.

Well that makes sense then. Do you have a rough idea of how much compression takes place on average?

It'll be a while until I really take a look at Flexi again, as we're with Onyx right now, and will probably give Caldera a shot once it's time to move on, but I'm interested in seeing how Flexi's cloud-based strategy works out over time, and what their full plans for implementation are, past just piggybacking on Amazon's service.

jayhawksigns

Not saying the Flexi is perfect, but I get good color printing to our L25500 with it. Even in low ink mode at six pass. Don't know about using excess ink but I don't have any drying issues at that speed.

Looking forward to installing this on our production machines. They just need to add remote control functionality so that I can walk through our production area with my tablet and start and monitor jobs away from our rip station.