• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Cloud Is Here!

LittleSnakey

Can the "Cloud" portion be moved to another screen or shutoff when not needed? (which would be most of the time)

I kinda steals alot of screen area.

S11930

the flexi cloud enables flexi to sell more of their products. templates, quotes etc. it has nothing to do with actual production or making of signs. if you want to make signs stick with 10 if you need more clipart and templates go to the cloud. As far people complaining about flexi go to gerber or signlab, i know about adobe and corel, but for making signs and banners nothing beats a program designed specifically for that purpose.

tsgstl

I don't know about gerber but Signlab's customer service is far worse than Flexi in my opinion.

Frankly I wouldn't answer some of these posts either. Harping on some newb although a sign of ones character is somewhat understandable, but bullying a merchant member (besides Gino only kidding) leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I know when a customer treats me bad they are the last to get a response, so intentional or not I understand where the OP is coming from.

HulkSmash

As far people complaining about flexi go to gerber or signlab, i know about adobe and corel, but for making signs and banners nothing beats a program designed specifically for that purpose.

Are you saying Flexi beats illustrator for sign design. :rolleyes:

OADesign

Thank you, Steph_Stamm for taking the time to actually read my Q's.
Nice to see that SAi is actually listening.

I would like to get with a re-seller on this. But word on the vinyl is SAi is cutting off many resellers and going internal for sales. But that's another thread altogether. But if I can't the details I need, I will reach out to you.

Thanks!

Thanks for all the input, gang. As for our technical support team, we've recently added experienced staff to deal with calls more quickly and efficiently. When the occasion arises that an issue occurs within the software, we listen to that feedback and fix it in free service packs. We also frequently escalate issues and try not to leave unresolved calls. If you have unresolved technical support issues, you are welcome to PM me and I can follow up to see if there was a resolution.

As for the new version, I wanted to respond to a couple of comments:

This is already live both within SAi Flexi Cloud and on the free companion iPhone / Android mobile app. We've heard from shop owners that they like to monitor production while they are on the road.

The RIP was actually updated in SAi Flexi 10.5. We received many reports of improved color at the time. We again improved the RIP in SAi Flexi Cloud to increase speed and performance with PDF transparencies.

SAi Flexi Cloud has better memory management as well. For example, 10.5 couldn't handle files over a few GB, but Cloud can now use and save files of almost unlimited size.

We've begun down this path with our FlexiQuote tool in SAi Flexi Cloud. If you like FlexiQuote, you can upgrade it to the full-blown Sign-Tracker CRM and it keeps your data.

We have a Braille option that you can add to your SAi Flexi installation. Contact your reseller for more information.

Actually, some of the new productivity tools in the Cloud Window are SasS. With the new file storage feature, we're not trying to reinvent the wheel. Dropbox and other companies do a great job of hosting files.

The new file storage does something a little different though: it's a platform for many new SaaS tools that will increase shop business and reduce their costs. FlexiQuote is the first, but soon there will be free ecommerce websites, a customer approval tool, and insourcing/outsourcing services that will all use the Cloud stoarge. Many of these benefits are provided through the Sign and Printmakers Guild, which SAi, along with Mutoh, Roland and others are sponsoring. Read more about the Guild / Flexi benefits here: http://www.signprintguild.org/member-benefits

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Are you saying Flexi beats illustrator for sign design.

i would.

in my world, i use flexi more like auto-cad.

i am far from a graphic designer, more like a sign engineer.

in that aspect, flexi beats illy hands down

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Screenshot of what that looks like? Curious how "big" that window is. Also checked with a reseller on the price for upgrading from 8.6v2 to this. I was hoping the "and as low as $395 for older versions" might be for the most recent Flexi Pro. That price must be for 8.6 Starter edition or something. 8.6 Pro to this is quite a bit more than $395......

Flexi has always worked well for us although we do not use the canned profiles at all. We use an i1 and make our own with proper ink limits and linearization for our inks and enviorment. I've tried Onyx before and did not much care for it's interface. We have used Flexi back since before version 7 but the upgrades are just tough to keep affording when what we have is working perfectly fine.

Can the "Cloud" portion be moved to another screen or shutoff when not needed? (which would be most of the time)

I kinda steals alot of screen area.

Would be nice if it floated like the other boxes, that way you could drop it on another screen.

LittleSnakey

Here is a screen shot its on the right had size probably 1/6 of the screen.

I was on the phone twice today with support and they were able to help me and and answered quickly.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 86

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
You can turn it off by clicking the new cloud button at the top of the screen.

Thank God! That would be a deal breaker if that were stuck on screen at all times. I'd use it once in a while but I'd not want it on screen all the time.

Steph_Stamm

Oops! I didn't mean to ignore this thread. I kept refreshing page 2 and didn't realize the conversation had expanded to page 3. I am happy to answer any further questions. Thanks for Chris Phillips for answering the Cloud Window hide/show question.

Steph_Stamm

Thank you, Steph_Stamm for taking the time to actually read my Q's.
Nice to see that SAi is actually listening.

I would like to get with a re-seller on this. But word on the vinyl is SAi is cutting off many resellers and going internal for sales. But that's another thread altogether. But if I can't the details I need, I will reach out to you.

Thanks!
You're welcome! To address your reseller comment quickly: SAi is not cutting out resellers in any way. In fact, we recently hired a reseller representative who has been reaching out to SAi Flexi dealers for the past month. We value our relationship with the reseller network and we don't sell to customers who already have a relationship with a reseller. If a customer has no relationship with a reseller, we quote them list price and nothing less.

the flexi cloud enables flexi to sell more of their products. templates, quotes etc. it has nothing to do with actual production or making of signs.
While it's true that we have icons linking to Bad Wrap vehicle templates, vector clipart, high-res backgrounds and more on the SAi Store, that is not the goal of the new SAi Flexi Cloud.

The Cloud is a platform for bringing new business to sign shops through many new tools that will increase shop business and reduce their costs. FlexiQuote is the first, but soon there will be free ecommerce websites, a customer approval tool, and insourcing/outsourcing services that will all use the Cloud file storage.

David40

I installed the update but I'm very disappointed. I thought it would just upgrade my existing 10.5 but instead it installs as a separate new program. This means it's like installing Flexi for the first time and having to set up all your customization from scratch, redoing all the settings you had in the Production Manager, pallets, color management, etc. A total pain the the rear end. Bottom line, it's just way too much work for me to have to recreate my entire work environment. Guess I'll just stick with 10.5. Thanks, but no thanks.