• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Cloud Is Here!

Richard G

Steph, I have a couple of questions if I may. I am using version 11 build 1907 and have 2 separate flexi sign pros running. I just spent 1600 in upgrades I would of spent that if I didn't like the program but I do have some questions. 1. 64 bit, can we expect this in the near future. it really would be great. 2. I have used Flexi since version 3 and I have accumulated around 300 GB of customer files after trimming them down, how is the cloud going to work for me? 3. when will you have the forum back at SAI I miss that?
In advance Thanks

FrankW

The extra 0.5 inch at the top and at the bottom were added to support OPOS XY marks, which print a line below the image.

Regularly this should not be neccessary because the markers should be outside the graphic, and the line is between the markers.

Steph_Stamm

Steph, I have a couple of questions if I may. 1. 64 bit, can we expect this in the near future.
Select parts of SAi Flexi Cloud do take advantage of a 64 bit system, like the improved file format, for instance. Previously, customers were limited to 4GB, but now the file size is substantially higher (we couldn't find the limit in our internal testing). Updating to a 64 bit program takes quite a bit of work to code. It's something that we'd like to do, but is not a priority at this time. Of course, our program will work on both 32 bit and 64 bit systems.

2. I have used Flexi since version 3 and I have accumulated around 300 GB of customer files after trimming them down, how is the cloud going to work for me?
You can still open your older SAi Flexi files in Cloud without issue. If you want to open SAi Flexi Cloud files in an older version, you will have to save the file down by going to File > Export and selecting the file type as the older SAi Flexi version.

3. when will you have the forum back at SAI I miss that?
We do still have the forum! Here's how you access it:

1. Visit www.ThinkSAi.com
2. Click the Software Support button on the homepage and click Flexi
3. Click the link for the User Forum and login

Richard G

Steph, thanks for the answers. on the 64 bit question I guess what I would like to know is since I am running Adobe CS 5 extended on 64 bit I can't use my eye candy 7 in flexi right now. will this change in the near future.
thanks
again

Steph_Stamm

Steph, thanks for the answers. on the 64 bit question I guess what I would like to know is since I am running Adobe CS 5 extended on 64 bit I can't use my eye candy 7 in flexi right now. will this change in the near future.
thanks
again
You should be able to use Eye Candy 7 and SAi Flexi successfully. What exactly is the issue you're having? You may want to double check that SAi Flexi knows where to look for the plugins: Edit > Preferences > File Paths tab

Richard G

Steph,
The issue is that I am running Abobe in 64 bit and so is eye candy. From what I understand you can't run from flexi 32 bit to 64 bit eye candy. they said I have to uninstall my Adobe CS 5 and reload it in 32 bit to use the eye candy in Flexi. I use Adobe photoshop a lot and I am using a computer with 24 GB of Ram and don't want to slow down my Adobe by returning it to 32 bit.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Hi Steph-

What about versions prior to 10? In other words 8.6v2. If we buy the upgrade I'm assuming we will still be able to run our older 8.6 as well. We would need to be able to run both to give our shop time to transition to the new version since no shop wants to just cease production while they transition to a new version. 8.6 to 10 is a rather big change with a new rip engine and all. We would want to recreate our custom profiles in the new version since our custom profiles are all optimised for the print engine (Adobe CPSI) in 8.6 and not the newer Adobe PDF Print Engine. Plus of course the fun of testing to make sure everything is playing nice and working right in 10 with our 3 printers and cutter.

Good point! When adding printer/cutter setups to Cloud, you can also open v10 at the same time to quickly compare and make setting up easier.

There were significant improvements to the file format, so we had to create a new version of the SAi Flexi file format. The export to v10 function should work. If you're still experiencing issues, send your file to our tech team to take a look at esupport@thinksai.com.

Also, for anyone just joining the thread, SAi Flexi v10 users are eligible for a free update to SAi Flexi Cloud. Visit store.thinksai.com/upgrade to get your download.

Steph_Stamm

Hi Steph-

What about versions prior to 10? In other words 8.6v2. If we buy the upgrade I'm assuming we will still be able to run our older 8.6 as well. We would need to be able to run both to give our shop time to transition to the new version since no shop wants to just cease production while they transition to a new version. 8.6 to 10 is a rather big change with a new rip engine and all. We would want to recreate our custom profiles in the new version since our custom profiles are all optimised for the print engine (Adobe CPSI) in 8.6 and not the newer Adobe PDF Print Engine. Plus of course the fun of testing to make sure everything is playing nice and working right in 10 with our 3 printers and cutter.
Hey SightLine! Yes, you can run your 8.6 and Cloud simultaneously. Just remember when installing to not overwrite your older version. Cloud will automatically create a new folder, but it's good to be aware of it as well. Your 8.6 profiles should work well with Cloud, but it's always a good idea to at least spot check.

Richard G

:banghead: Here is how I have them setup and it will not work

[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• adobe plugins 1.JPG
    adobe plugins 1.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 100
  • adobe plugins 2.JPG
    adobe plugins 2.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 133

paxas

Flexi cloud

We have been running Flexi cloud for about 3 weeks and it seems like the "64 bit" features are working amazingly well, ie. we can now work with large files without getting "out of memory "notices (yes we have stacks of Ram memory ) or same problem when copying the data in one file to add to another page open in Flexi. With cloud the open files can be huge -with no error messages. The one thing that is really annoying though is that Flexi CRASHES about 3 times a day for no particular reason, & no it usually isn't when working on large files.
Anyone else having this problem ?

:Australia

HulkSmash

Hey Steph,
I've called flexi about 7 times in the past 3 days, been put on hold for 20 minutes then sent to voicemail. 0 returned calls, and 0 support. Want to have one of your pros call me?

CS-SignSupply

Hey Steph,
I've called flexi about 7 times in the past 3 days, been put on hold for 20 minutes then sent to voicemail. 0 returned calls, and 0 support. Want to have one of your pros call me?

Give me a call tomorrow if you like and I will try to help. Will be in the office until 2pm EST.

or shoot me am email

Bigcat_hunter

Will Flexi cloud work with windows 8? Do they have an upgrade price versus a full purchase price? I purchased Flexi 10.5 in Jan. and it runs craptacular on my windows 8 machine.

S11930

question, does the internet network effect cloud files. For example recently my fios stopped working and i had trouble accessing some flexi cloud files that i created. the internet connection should'nt effect the program should it.

Steph_Stamm

We have been running Flexi cloud for about 3 weeks and it seems like the "64 bit" features are working amazingly well, ie. we can now work with large files without getting "out of memory "notices (yes we have stacks of Ram memory ) or same problem when copying the data in one file to add to another page open in Flexi. With cloud the open files can be huge -with no error messages. The one thing that is really annoying though is that Flexi CRASHES about 3 times a day for no particular reason, & no it usually isn't when working on large files.
Anyone else having this problem ?

:Australia
We've actually heard several reports that this version is very stable. Try to pin down what might be causing the crashes. Is it a particular time of day? What were you just doing with the keyboard or mouse? Whether you can or cannot pinpoint the issue, let our technical support team know at esupport@thinksai.com.