• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Cloud Is Here!

David40

Clarification

I should clarify my post. You can install this upgrade just for the sake of playing around with it because it does leave your existing version completely untouched. I should also tell you any files you create with the Cloud version are not compatible with previous versions, or at the very least has some bugs in it. Even when I exported a file from Cloud to the 10.5 format, opening the 10.5 file in the 10.5 program it had a problem saving any changes. I kept getting errors that the file could not be accessed.

Steph_Stamm

I should clarify my post. You can install this upgrade just for the sake of playing around with it because it does leave your existing version completely untouched.
Good point! When adding printer/cutter setups to Cloud, you can also open v10 at the same time to quickly compare and make setting up easier.

I should also tell you any files you create with the Cloud version are not compatible with previous versions, or at the very least has some bugs in it. Even when I exported a file from Cloud to the 10.5 format, opening the 10.5 file in the 10.5 program it had a problem saving any changes. I kept getting errors that the file could not be accessed.
There were significant improvements to the file format, so we had to create a new version of the SAi Flexi file format. The export to v10 function should work. If you're still experiencing issues, send your file to our tech team to take a look at esupport@thinksai.com.

Also, for anyone just joining the thread, SAi Flexi v10 users are eligible for a free update to SAi Flexi Cloud. Visit store.thinksai.com/upgrade to get your download.

Steph_Stamm

Tell me about FlexiQuote. I was trying to find info on the website about it but wasn't having much luck.
It's an online quoting system accessed through SAi Flexi Cloud. There are pre-loaded materials and national average pricing, so you can create a quote within a few seconds of first logging in. Once you have time, you can completely customize the type of materials, pricing, commissions, discounts, etc.

You can read more about the feature by clicking the "How Do I Do This" link under FlexiQuote: http://thinksai.com/View-Latest-Features. For even more info, click through the other topics at the bottom of the page.

Kevin-shopVOX

It's an online quoting system accessed through SAi Flexi Cloud. There are pre-loaded materials and national average pricing, so you can create a quote within a few seconds of first logging in. Once you have time, you can completely customize the type of materials, pricing, commissions, discounts, etc.

You can read more about the feature by clicking the "How Do I Do This" link under FlexiQuote: http://thinksai.com/View-Latest-Features. For even more info, click through the other topics at the bottom of the page.

How did Flexi determine national average pricing? Do you mean costs with standardized markups or actual average sell prices ? If its sell prices how did you determine that?

CalamityJay

eHQFDiG

Why are opos marks so far away from leading edge of image now??

http://imgur.com/eHQFDiG

Steph_Stamm

How did Flexi determine national average pricing? Do you mean costs with standardized markups or actual average sell prices ? If its sell prices how did you determine that?
We averaged pricing from several shops around the country. The prices are included to quickly show a new user how quick the tool works without having to enter in custom prices first. Of course we offer the option for full customization too!

CalamityJay

Are my icc profiles from flexi 10 going to need to be updated as well? I am in the process of having to review print files from flexi 10 to this new software...this is not reassuring.

I have to say however, the way flexi is able to handle drop shadows correctly is a major improvement.

os101king

Hey Signs101 Friends,

The new SAi Flexi Cloud has arrived! For a limited time, SAi is offering an unprecedented FREE upgrade to all version 10 users and promotional pricing for all older versions. Get your free upgrade at http://store.thinksai.com/upgrade or contact your reseller for the promotional pricing!

For more information: www.ThinkSAi.com/Flexi

Perfect timing. Got caught in Sandy and lost my XP computer in the flood... finally realized that SAi gives not a **** about it's customers but it's my software and it's what I know... so I had to shell out $600 to upgrade to 10 because the only computer I had that didn't get destroyed runs windows 7... and the program I spent thousands on had no upgrade to work on 7. I'm so happy that it's being offered for free now. Thanks guys.

Steph_Stamm

Are my icc profiles from flexi 10 going to need to be updated as well? I am in the process of having to review print files from flexi 10 to this new software...this is not reassuring.

I have to say however, the way flexi is able to handle drop shadows correctly is a major improvement.
SAi Flexi Cloud still accepts .icc profiles, and you shouldn't need to do any major revamp on your profiles. I will double check when the office open tomorrow.

Perfect timing. Got caught in Sandy and lost my XP computer in the flood... so happy that it's being offered for free now.
I'm sorry that you experienced damage from Sandy! We are offering a free upgrade to the new SAi Flexi Cloud as a thank you to Flexi 10 users, not to just anyone. Since you upgraded a couple of months ago, you can now get the free update (for a limited time) at store.thinksai.com/upgrade.

Steph_Stamm

SAi Flexi Cloud still accepts .icc profiles, and you shouldn't need to do any major revamp on your profiles. I will double check when the office open tomorrow.
This is correct. As long as you are using the same job settings, you shouldn't see any color differences.

CalamityJay

what is the deal with the new print wizard? I dont see the use of this...

i tired to use it for a print and my icc profile was incorrectly applied. Maybe i wasnt using it correctly.

Last edited:

Steph_Stamm

The Print Wizard has been in Flexi for a couple of versions now. It's a way to simplify the RIP/Print process as much as possible, which can be ideal when there is a high turnover of printer operators or newbies in general.

VIP

Hiding the cloud panel doesn't terminate the module. It's still in the memory.
You can completely disable it by adding the following line to hosts file (c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts). Of course you need administrator privilege to save the file.

127.0.0.1 fxweb.herokuapp.com

VIP

unable to find security key in flexi cloud after installing anyone else having issues??

You probably installed Flexi Cloud alongside Flexi 10.
If you have run Flexi 10 (whether it's closed or still running) and haven't logged out of Winodws since then, Flexi 10's license manager won't release the access to the dongle key.

What you need to do is to run a new program called License Manager that came with Flexi Cloud. Import the license file (license-USERID.lsn), which you can download from your SAiCloud.com account, and that's it. You can run Flexi Cloud normally after that. However, if you quit Flexi Cloud, you will have to do that again. To avoid that, you can either log out of Windows and log back in, or, preferably, uninstall Flexi 10 and reinstall Flexi Cloud.