• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

flexi cloud upgrade -- yes or no??

Techman

adobe tries to make it seem like a great deal because you get.. all those other packages.

However, very few people use the complete package of titles. The titles the user actually uses or needs such as illy, photoshop and maybe one other part of the suite such as dreamweaver is fine. But it is an expensive package in any result. So comparing packages with a price is nothing but a smoke screen. The CC is a bloated high priced package no matter how one looks at it.

But the cost is just part of the equation.

The most onerous part of the cloud packages is the Abuse foisted upon the users. And the loss of any recourse if there is a problem. Either you pay for you get turned off. IE: a couple of months ago Adobe went down for hours causing untold million in lost production world wide. It was a real pain to way too may. The result? the users suffered and the author ignored all the consequences caused to the users.

Too many subscription based titles lose incentive to respond to customer complaints.

copythat

Cloud

adobe tries to make it seem like a great deal because you get.. all those other packages.

However, very few people use the complete package of titles. The titles the user actually uses or needs such as illy, photoshop and maybe one other part of the suite such as dreamweaver is fine. But it is an expensive package in any result. So comparing packages with a price is nothing but a smoke screen. The CC is a bloated high priced package no matter how one looks at it.

AGREED!

I do use Adobe CC, but only cause I was a CS2 and the upgrades would have been a killer. So I went straight to CS6 and now ADOBE CC. I only use Ai PS & Indesign for $29.99 for first two years. It will be going to $49.99 but still don't need any of the other parts of the suite. I hope that we can negotiate it down to $29.99 again!

royster13

If it works for you (like it does me) go for it......If not, no problem.....

IMO sometime in the not too distant future, most commercial software will be subscription based.....

rjssigns

I feel bad for the college students having to cough up a monthly fee just to be able to complete coursework.

Where I went to school roughly 40% of the students come from a low income background. It's a monumental struggle just to cover books and tuition even with financial aid. Granted Adobe gives a meager discount, but it is still another payment for cash strapped students.
Gone are the days when you could get a basic Adobe package for 99 bucks with nothing more than a student I.D. That same 99 dollar package would carry you through to graduation.

I am not alone in my thinking. Faculty and administration see this as an issue too.

player

I would like to know how much money the dealers of the subscription Flexi make when someone signs up through them... vs how much they make when you buy the program?

Do they get a cheque every month you pay?

Techman

Signlab print and cut is now $750 ..
Couot and cocut pro just made huge cut in their prices to about half with an extra FREE seat for a limited time.
Adobe is announcing a price change in their products..

And flexi is chasing a cloud at full price? Something is amiss here.

Tsmith

Undecided

I have read this tread a couple of time and I really do get the pro and cons of the cloud vs standalone. I'm using Ai Cs4 now but would really like to try Flexi. I currently operate a Mac. My question is, do the older versions of Flexi work, like 8.5, with Yosemite. If so is it possible to purchase this an copy that someone else isn't using anymore?