• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Dongle

thewood

I'm very happy with FlexiSIGN-Pro 7.6v2... Don't think I'll ever upgrade . . . If it ain't broke . . .

Yes, yes, yes. I wouldn't dream of upgrading to 8. The only added features (that I would give a flip about) are on-screen spell check and pdf export options. Also, yes you would have to start over again with all of your profiles and/or swatches. We've had problems just going from different versions within 7, let alone 7 to 8. Not to mention that 7 won't open 8 files. What kind of shite is that? The same nonsense that Illustrator is pulling with CS,CS2 & no doubt CS3. We've spent so much time dialing in our printer colors, profiles, workflow, etc that it's gonna take more than a red line under misspelled words to get me to switch over.

Tim D

That is pretty much why we have not upgraded yet. Maybe a few versions from now there will be enough improvement or additional features to justify the cost.

S

Sign-Man Signs

Flexi 8

hahaha Flexi 8 is a joke. 100% joke. I installed it, and within 24 hours wanted it gone. But then I couldn't go back to my 7.6..... so I am stuck.

Stay away man.... stay away.......

Huh, Bad review dude. We have used Flexi, every version to date and the 8.0 is the best. You might want to use Corel. Flexi is for professional shops. Best RIP program out there. That single dongle key is really a pain in the azz though. We have 3 computers that sit next to each other and have to move key everytime. Very irritating.
:thumb:

Pro Image

Hell what are all you complaining about..............I still use Inspire, I bought the XP Pro version..............It was made without a hasp or USB key.......I use it on all 4 of my machines and can cut and print from anyone at any time..............The only set back is there is no more support for printers or any of the new print and cut machines..............Hell even World Wide Industries went out of business.....................

iSign

Hell what are all you complaining about..............I still use Inspire, I bought the XP Pro version..............It was made without a hasp or USB key.......I use it on all 4 of my machines and can cut and print from anyone at any time..............The only set back is there is no more support for printers or any of the new print and cut machines..............Hell even World Wide Industries went out of business.....................

I got Inspire in '99 or 2000 and it had a dongle.
What was the story with that InspireXP business? I saw that mentioned over on printingdigital.net last year.
Was that the same scanvec Amiable Inspire?
Is it still around?
I always liked CasMate & never really used Inspire. They just gave it to me because I called tech Support too often about trouble with casMate. I guess you could say it was a love/hate relationship. I hated it many times a week for the foul behavior it lapsed into... but I also learned to get around it so well.... I loved how quickly I could get things done & was pretty bummed when I could no longer stay back in the W98 world just to be able to use it.

S

Sign-Man Signs

Hail to the guy that figures out how to by-pass the DONGLE!
:software arrrrrg....

Replicator

Hail to the guy that figures out how to by-pass the DONGLE!
:software arrrrrg....

Dongles have been hacked for years, ever since the first Dongle came out

to the latest and greatest . . . Thats the challenge for the software companies,

programs and dongles are usually hacked within a day or two of being out

in the main stream market . . . Sad really, that people just don't buy the

software if they like it, use it or want it . . .

The prices would be cheaper if theft wasn't so prevelant !

N2Harpz

Dongles have been hacked for years, ever since the first Dongle came out

to the latest and greatest . . . Thats the challenge for the software companies,

programs and dongles are usually hacked within a day or two of being out

in the main stream market . . . Sad really, that people just don't buy the

software if they like it, use it or want it . . .

The prices would be cheaper if theft wasn't so prevelant !

I feel just the opposite... If they wouldn't charge $5000 for a program and $500 for an extra Dongle people wouldn't need the cracks. The bad thing is once a person shells out good money and tried to do things the legal way, The software companies comes out with an upgrade. There goes another $1000+ bucks. ... ala Windows, Adobe Illustrator, and alot of the other graphic programs.

Pro Image

I got Inspire in '99 or 2000 and it had a dongle.
What was the story with that InspireXP business? I saw that mentioned over on printingdigital.net last year.
Was that the same scanvec Amiable Inspire?
Is it still around?
I always liked CasMate & never really used Inspire. They just gave it to me because I called tech Support too often about trouble with casMate. I guess you could say it was a love/hate relationship. I hated it many times a week for the foul behavior it lapsed into... but I also learned to get around it so well.... I loved how quickly I could get things done & was pretty bummed when I could no longer stay back in the W98 world just to be able to use it.

Sorry I didn't see you post before Doug............Yep the World Wide version is the same as Scanvec last release...........It is encoded to run on XP that is the only difference..........Im like you can work it with my eyes closed and still use it every day............I haven't a clue what happened to World Wide but they must have gone out of business.............The version has no dongles or any external protection just a password in the software.........

Like I said It doesn't support the new printers or cutters...........OH well It still has my cutters in it.................:rolleyes:

Pat Whatley

I feel just the opposite... If they wouldn't charge $5000 for a program and $500 for an extra Dongle people wouldn't need the cracks. The bad thing is once a person shells out good money and tried to do things the legal way, The software companies comes out with an upgrade. There goes another $1000+ bucks. ... ala Windows, Adobe Illustrator, and alot of the other graphic programs.

So...they make an outstanding program...a program that is written to serve a pretty small market (sign industry)...constantly work to upgrade the software and stay on top of emerging technology...

and because they charge accordingly you say it's okay to steal the program?!:help:

Bradster941

So what CRACKED version do you have anyways?

The bad thing is once a person shells out good money and tried to do things the legal way, The software companies comes out with an upgrade. There goes another $1000+ bucks. ...

Upgrades are inhancements to the program that you already bought. If you have a problem with what you bought then that should be addressed with the manufacturer at the time of your purchase and use of the product.
Upgrades are NOT mandatory, so I fail to see your point here.

Perhaps you could in-lighten us all N2HArpz.????
:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Conor Knoxx

hmm.. actually, 500 bucks sounds like a pretty good deal for a second dongle. If you need to run two systems with Flexi, I would have expected you'd need to buy two copies (like any other software - if you're following the license agreements)

While I agree, it does seem mighty expensive, if you earn a living with it, it pays for itself pretty quickly. Also, there's many "specialty" programs that cost a lot more! LOL.. ask your doctor what he paid for his glorified day-planner :glasses: or a good sized local restaurant for their touch-screen point of sale programs... its crazy!

creative

flexi is ok, but scanviec SUCK big time, f'n thieves I'd rather pay 1k to a hacker then 5k to a bunch of thieves, if they would sell flexi for 1k everyone will buy it legally.

Software Pirates Rock!!!!

grafxxx

damn i love my flexi but they are so expensive... we had flexi6.0 back in 2000 we went to upgrade it that cost my old company 700 dollars. not to mention the $1200 we spent on the first one. they need to come down on there pricing i mean you can get the whole adobe package for less then what they are selling one program for.

Techman

all this talk about high prices.. No one truely in the sign bizz pays full retail. ,, you can get a flexi for a good price if you get to a good distributer and purchas eproducts.

mediaman

If you buy Flexi from a knowledgable dealer you should never have to call SAI. By the looks of things, most of us could benefit from the spell checker. :wink:

N2Harpz

Upgrades are inhancements to the program that you already bought. If you have a problem with what you bought then that should be addressed with the manufacturer at the time of your purchase and use of the product.
Upgrades are NOT mandatory, so I fail to see your point here.

Perhaps you could in-lighten us all N2HArpz.????
:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

LOL ... I must have struck a nerve with that statement. A crack is another name for a patch that one would install in place of a dongle key. They work the same.

Upgrades are enhancements to the program that you already bought

Also I received an illustrator file from a customer last week. My version of Illustrator which came in the CS package would not open it. I got the software in 2004. Adobe says I need to upgrade.

And no .. I did not say it was OK to steal the software. I am just saying that because of HIGH prices and constantly changing programs to get the consumer's money MIGHT be why people are pirating the software. That was all I was saying.

I have read it more than once that Flexi 8 and Flexi 7.6 are almost the same. So what was the purpose of the new version if they are practically the same?

Consider yourself enlightened !!!

creative

Just to get your money,
If they really wanted to help the sign guy the software will be under GPL...

and asking for donations.

by the way who needs a pirate spell checker???

go to astalavista LOL...