• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Dongle

N2Harpz

I would like to upgade my software in the shop. From what I understand Fiexi 8 in a good program. So that is probable the one I'll go with. As soon as I can find one at a decent price.

My question is. What is it with this dongle key? I would like to do a lot of work at home in the evenings. Do I have to carry this dongle key back and forth all the time?

I have fond an older version (7.6) online REALLY cheap. Should I maybe go with that?

maddmd

Yes,can load program on 2 locations but need dongle key to open and run program.Hope this helps.
By the way Flexi 8 pro is well worth the money if you print and cut,loaded profiles when printing directly from Flexi are 1st class.

Techman

it has to have a donble or its not a legal copy.
If you purchase one make sure they give you th edongle. ITs an old trick to sell you a copy without the dongle.

Holeshotrob

I have VE Lxi Master. It is made by the Flexi people for signwarehouse.com and it needs a dongle also. I have it on a flexible plug from Radio Shack so it won't break if it is bumped. I just unplug it from one computer and plug it into my laptop so I can show customers at their location or if I'm in the field and need to do something. It isn't as much of a hassle as you would think.

Sign Works

I'd also be very cautious about buying a previous version. If the previous owner has upgraded to 8 then that put a timer on the old (ver 7) hasp and within a matter of time it will be unusable which will make your "great deal" purchase totally worthless. Can you believe that people are actually doing this? Well yes they are, just ask SAI. In my opinion you should go to a reputable dealer and buy the software.

S

Sign-Man Signs

Flexi * is he best they have come out with in a long time. Key pain in the azz but program is very compatibale with any printer or cutter. If anybody comes up with way around usung key for every comptuer in shop, please let us know.

N2Harpz

Thanks for the info .... I was thinking of getting the Flexi now and then upgrading to the Flexi-Pro later. Is this possible?

Tim D

Our Flexi keys (dongle) are USB which would make it much easier to move from computer to computer.

Flame

hahaha Flexi 8 is a joke. 100% joke. I installed it, and within 24 hours wanted it gone. But then I couldn't go back to my 7.6..... so I am stuck.

Stay away man.... stay away.......

Tim D

hahaha Flexi 8 is a joke. 100% joke. I installed it, and within 24 hours wanted it gone. But then I couldn't go back to my 7.6..... so I am stuck.

Stay away man.... stay away.......

We are considering upgrading to Flexi 8. What is so bad about it that you wanted it gone. We are making a list of pros & cons. We don't want to spend the dough if we don't need to.

Flame

We are considering upgrading to Flexi 8. What is so bad about it that you wanted it gone. We are making a list of pros & cons. We don't want to spend the dough if we don't need to.

Well, first off I am not a Flexi fan to start with. So that doesn't help.

Secondly, none of the tools seemed to work any better, it was basically the same program, with just a different layout. And ALL of my profiles I had for my printer, came out different. For example:

Reflex blue used to be X shade, now Reflex blue is Y shade. Same color, same profile loaded, different colors off of the printer.

I didn't see anything different that was worth $50, much less $800 or $900.

Tim D

Thanks for the info. That sounds like a huge pain in the hind-end. I have noticed that when I open older files in 7.6 (usually ones created in 5.8) the colors are slightly different.

N2Harpz

So you think that Flexi 7.6 is a better program ? What is the difference ? Maybe I should go with the 7.6 ..... I think I can pick it up DIRT CHEAP.

mladams7259

I use flexi pro 7.6v2 and its meets all of my needs. If you are on a budget I dont see spending the extra cash on version 8 when 7.6 will meet all your needs

Flame

Maybe I'm just dense... but I haven't figured out one thing 8.0 does better than 7.6v2

If you're gonna go Flexi, save yourself the money and go with 7.6v2

onthego signguy

I’m on flexi 7.6v2, Would not consider using anything else, I bought the cannon w6400 and it is not in the list of printers I can rip/print to. I contacted scanv…… they said I need to upgrade to 8 that would include new printers. I love flexi pro but help from scan…. Sucks. And its all about money when you talk with them. After some long hours I figured out that I can print just like a printer instead of rip print. I guess I am using cannons rip. I calibrated my monitor than printed a color chart one each for each substrate. That works unless I am working with an artist and I usually set prices so high they wont want to use me.
Summary:
get flexi don’t expect help with out paying through the nose
Differences between f7/8 the printers it supports
my 2 cent

Replicator

I'm very happy with FlexiSIGN-Pro 7.6v2 as a Cut Program for my Roland CX-300,

Don't think I'll ever upgrade . . . If it ain't broke . . .

and now with much thanks to member ChicagoGraphics

I am happily using Roland ColorChoice for the RIP with my Roland CJ-500

and the prints are 300% nicer than the Flexi RIP prints . . .