• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Foldable Fabric?

bosdub

I'm wondering if anyone has an "easy to use" fabric for poster printing? I did a search and didn't come up with too much. The idea is a transportable poster which can be folded up, thrown in a briefcase or luggage, opened up on the other end without showing any signs of having been folded.

I would be printing these on an HP Z6100 and there will most likely be some pretty fine text at times. I have tried a few materials with limited success. Some materials have printed great but have been a bear to cut without fraying or stretching. Even with a hot knife the results have been lackluster.

I am looking for a material that will work without a lot of fuss. We do quite alot of these posters...currently on paper.

Thanks in advance!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I've been searching for this beast for years. It's only available for dye sub machines. Anything for an inkjet or flatbed will wrinkle to a certain extent and the wrinkles won't come out completely.

bosdub

Rolling is not preferred as then it has to be carried in a tube which is somewhat cumbersome while traveling. That is what we do now and the client is getting tired of carrying the prints in that fashion

@ Gino - It must exist as there is someone on the net selling such a finished product and I don't think they are using dye sub.

Thanks for the input, much appreciated

Bill Modzel

I have an OLD roll of Graphics Silk that I got from Charrotte. It drapes and doesn't seem to take a crease at all. I'm pretty sure that it is actually a polyester product.
It comes on a backing paper and although it was an aqueous product, I have printed it on my HP9000s with good results also. I've even ran it through the wash machine and it's held about 95% of it's color.
Any fabric that you find that won't crease from folding will not be stiff enough to hang without putting tension on it and will not be "poster like".