• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Food Truck Layout

jc1cell

I know many of you don't like the layout, logo colors and all else, but I wanted to show the final approved layout from the client.

Hopefully I'll luck out and get better reviews once it's installed (or maybe the same responses...:banghead:).

jc

Attachments

• Final Yamburger Layout_rev5.jpg
    Final Yamburger Layout_rev5.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 76

WrapperX

I think it's the better of the two - And you may be right - it may look better fully printed and applied. But I suppose as long as they are happy with it and their check(s) clear - that's what's important right?

We as service suppliers can only do so much to persuade clients in a certain direction. If they don't want to take our advice there's really nothing more we can do.

fmg

Here is one we did last year, tried not to go too crazy with all the elements and filters in PS/Illy
Nice n Tasty!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0175.JPG
    IMG_0175.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0179.JPG
    IMG_0179.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 86

signmeup

Sounds like a customer who knows better than you. Sometimes you just have to hold your nose and collect the check.
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

The outlines in Yamburger would look better if they were behind the letters. I miss the holes too. I'd make Yamburger bigger.

Billct2

Sure, some bad ones slip through and go out the door, but to already know it and just give up makes no sense... especially if like you said, you're capable of doing better. Don't let the customer dictate YOUR reputation
I was thinking of this when I looked at another job someone posted that got rave reviews from everyone including me. But there was an element that I thought didn't look right, and the designer agreed, but indicated it was what the customer wanted.
So I guess there's no hard line, but a shifting point that you try to hit while maintaining your business and paying the bills. I seriously doubt your business will go down in flames if you do a job with a design you don't like, as long as you do it well, to the customers satisfaction, for a good price, just leave it out of the portfolio.

signswi

This design (all versions) looks like a bad skin on a truck in GTA. The final is really dark and ominous, I'd be afraid it's a trap.

Attachments

• 1253637561-admiral_ackbar.jpg
    1253637561-admiral_ackbar.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 90

Marlene

I like your idea the best. you took the customer's pile of poo and did your best to make it work. the customer likes his poo to look like poo so he wants something that looks like what makes him happy. you did your best with it and if nothing more, you can rely on your skills to make the actual truck look as professionally done as possible when it comes to the application of this big pile of poo.

phototec

Nothing seems to blend. It all looks as if you just placed it on there to fit and not follow any particular theme and ended up with a discombobulated appearance.

I can't be the only person sitting here thinking of a big slab of sweet tater stuck in a bun and thinking that it sounds pretty disgusting.

I don't think it looks good good at all!.I would make the truck look as colorful and appealing as possible,maybe some pictures of how delicious a yam burger could taste like.Pictures of food some description of what the hell ya got in the food truck.

Sounds like a customer who knows better than you. Sometimes you just have to hold your nose and collect the check.

I don't think it looks good either. The Yamburger logo doesn't seem to fit AT ALL with the background
[QUOTE=WrapperX;855327].[/QUOTE]

Skyscrapers, green, purple and black... doesn't make me hungry.

There's a reason you don't use dead flesh and bacteria colors for someone selling meat. Are zombies the customer base?

Out of curiosity.... if you sport an attitude like... oh well, I'll just do what the customer wants, take his/her money and produce a rather unappetizing lousy designed wrap for someone.... how do you expect to have future customers when they see that thing coming down the street ??

Exactly. If you're in it, just to get paid..... you'll be out of business before too long.

If you're just gonna be someone's doormat.... let the next guy do it, unless you're really hurting for money.

Sure, some bad ones slip through and go out the door, but to already know it and just give up makes no sense... especially if like you said, you're capable of doing better. Don't let the customer dictate YOUR reputation....

Only you can be accountable for your actions and to pass the blame onto the customer tells me something just isn't working on your end.

Even with this being in the totally 'Open Forums'... you could still post up your clients requests, the logo, colors and secondary copy and ask for real help, instead of just lowering your standards and taking a chance of not returning due to lack of customers from a bad reputation.
Try to remember this and word it any way you want...... it takes a long-long time to build a good reputation, but it only takes one lousy job or pissed off customer to ruin what you've spent years or decades on building.
I'm not trying to be a smart-ass or pain in the neck... I'm trying to get you riled up enough so you take a fighting stance towards your own career. Believe me... it works if you fight for your own integrity and don't sell yourself short. There are dozens of ways to tell your clients they're full of chit or have chit taste, but you have to be tactful. Here on s101, we don't have to wear the kids gloves.... we tell it like it is , so you learn better and faster.

just leave it out of the portfolio.

This design (all versions) looks like a bad skin on a truck in GTA. The final is really dark and ominous, I'd be afraid it's a trap.

I like your idea the best. you took the customer's pile of poo and did your best to make it work. the customer likes his poo to look like poo so he wants something that looks like what makes him happy. you did your best with it and if nothing more, you can rely on your skills to make the actual truck look as professionally done as possible when it comes to the application of this big pile of poo.

You know I have to agree with all the posts above, you have a final design that is most likely the worst looking FOOD TRUCK I have ever seen.

You let the burger flipper lead you around by the nose, you, as the graphics person, should have provided guidance to a better design for your customer to HELP him sell his product, burgers.

The colors and theme should have been synonymous with a good tasting Yam Burger, not bacteria! The customer knows burgers, not graphic design!

I feel you missed a great opportunity to provide your customer with a great moving billboard displaying a photo of his award winning "Yam Burger".

:design:

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink!!!

Attachments

• REVISED copy.jpg
    REVISED copy.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 95

fmg

[QUOTE=WrapperX;855327].
Pictures of food blown up on the sides of trucks turns me off of the item.
Nasty Nasty Nasty!

You know I have to agree with all the posts above, you have a final design that is most likely the worst looking FOOD TRUCK I have ever seen.

You let the burger flipper lead you around by the nose, you, as the graphics person, should have provided guidance to a better design for your customer to HELP him sell his product, burgers.

The colors and theme should have been synonymous with a good tasting Yam Burger, not bacteria! The customer knows burgers, not graphic design!

I feel you missed a great opportunity to provide your customer with a great moving billboard displaying a photo of his award winning "Yam Burger".

:design:

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink!!![/QUOTE]