• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

For Sh!ts & Giggles.....................................................................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you're like me or my family, you're being bombarded by all these crazy phone calls about, insurance, electric bills, phone bills and just a myriad of ways to save you money.

It used to really bother me and I'd get so mad and hang up on them. However, after years of this and half figuring out what they're doing is 110% illegal..... well maybe my age is showing through, but I'm now starting to have fun with them. First, I make sure I never use any affirmative words, ya know, like when they say how are you today ?? I always tell them I have bad diarrhea, my arm was just removed, was bitten by a rabid raccoon or something similar. If that doesn't make them hang up, I ask them, what's the f*ckin' reason they're callin' ?? I'm in a hurry to get back to having wild monkey sex. If they choose to go on with this, then I start swearing at them with every curse word I can muster up and I have enough that I don't hafta repeat for a coupla minutes. Usually that gives me the dial tone.

Here at the shop, I have a useful little tool, called, 'The Final Word'. I bought it at Spencer's Gifts about 45 years ago and it still works.

Let me know what methinds y'all have in dealing with these idiots.

:thankyou: Gino

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
If you're like me or my family, you're being bombarded by all these crazy phone calls about, insurance, electric bills, phone bills and just a myriad of ways to save you money.

It used to really bother me and I'd get so mad and hang up on them. However, after years of this and half figuring out what they're doing is 110% illegal..... well maybe my age is showing through, but I'm now starting to have fun with them. First, I make sure I never use any affirmative words, ya know, like when they say how are you today ?? I always tell them I have bad diarrhea, my arm was just removed, was bitten by a rabid raccoon or something similar. If that doesn't make them hang up, I ask them, what's the f*ckin' reason they're callin' ?? I'm in a hurry to get back to having wild monkey sex. If they choose to go on with this, then I start swearing at them with every curse word I can muster up and I have enough that I don't hafta repeat for a coupla minutes. Usually that gives me the dial tone.

Here at the shop, I have a useful little tool, called, 'The Final Word'. I bought it at Spencer's Gifts about 45 years ago and it still works.

Let me know what methinds y'all have in dealing with these idiots.

:thankyou: Gino
At our house, we love to mess with telemarketers! We get a LOT of calls people wanting to buy our house, it's really annoying. The caller ID comes up as some random city name, so we often answer the phone with something like "Cincinnati Ohio?!" How are the hell are you!!!!!" Very loudly. they hang up immediately.

The robo calls take the fun out of messing with these unwanted calls though - there's no one there, and the robot won't get offended.
oh wait, - I take that back unless you hit the # button 20 times on a row. the robots don't like that.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Note to self: Send a warning text to Gino and Boudica before you call to avoid the wrath of getting yelled at and sworn at...LOL

petepaz

when my grand kids were little and around at the time, if i got one of those calls i would hand them the phone and tell them it was nana or or their mom and listen to them babble with them.
hahaha... "hi nana....pop it's not nana"

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know, that reminds me....... I had one guy from india call me and started swearing right back at me.... and believe it or not, he lost his accent. Best part is, he called back a few minutes later nad started the swering routine, instead of me, but I got right back into it.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
We've got some kindof scam in Canada right now where they pretend to be "investigators" for the CRA (Canada version of IRS) and basically use all these bullchit scare tactics that are riddled with inconsistencies.

That and/or that it's "customs" and you're in big trouble about a package that was being shipped to you.

For a while I would always press 1 or whatever then pretend to be all scared and worried and waste as much time as I could, but it only caused them to call more often.

It's definitely fun messing with them and making sure you waste their time to take them away from actually scamming people out of something.

There's a special place in hell for those scumbags that go to "work" in their mud huts every day and try to rip people off.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Here's the guy wiring their system to break into yours............................

indian wire guy.jpg

unclebun

I was just interrupted while trying to enjoy the video by a bs phone call.
I like to put my iphone on speaker, then repeatedly rap the bottom of the phone on the nearest surface. half the time it's metal so it gives a pretty loud ping. If I'm out routing on the cnc, I just get them as close to the high pitched spindle as I can.
Once I got a guy robot my car warranty had expired, press one to talk. So I did. I answer with "Hello thank you for calling amazon" and egged him on for a bit before I had to hang up. I get a call back from a different number pretty fast, it's the same asshat, saying "hello amazon, I need my items". Kinda scary to imagine that if you f*ck with them, they'll come back at you with twice the vigor.
Shoulda asked for his username and password, order number, credit card number to issue refund, etc.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
We get ten to twenty calls a day from spammers and have found an odd "hang up immediately" reaction when we reply to their initial greeting with:

"Hi, I was hoping you'd call."

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
They come in waves... and last week was bad. All I get are the "Your Google listing needs update" and I just block the number. Got about 10 calls a day for almost a week or two, and now it's calmed down again.

rjssigns

Some people welcome the calls and have made a pile of money suing the companies that make them.

So far my phone has been doing a decent job of intercepting them.
If it gets crazy I'll just set it to accept calls from my family and client list.

rjssigns

I'm listening...

Lots more but you get the idea.

garyroy

There's also a website called, DoNotCall.gov run by the government.
You can enter up to 3 telephone numbers in there to get off call lists. Many telemarking companies do update their do not call lists monthly.
The amount of calls we were receiving dropped quite a bit. You do have to put your number in every few years to keep it current.
Our Mitel phone system also catches a lot of spam calls. After about the 3rd ring they get automatically disconnected.
Definitely a nuisance.