• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Full coverage frosting, large window

rjssigns

Hire a tinter or get the EXACT same material they use.
If you get the window film:
You pull out the rubber strip that holds the glass. Glass will not fall out. Cut the film to the size of the glass, not just the visible area. Apply wet. Nylon squeegee. Do the next panel. Go back to the first and re-install rubber strip.
That way film is completely buried by rubber strip. You will look like a genius. That is what I know from helping my friend who makes his living installing window films. It actually goes faster than you'd expect.

Baz

Apply SOAKING wet ... No mask ... And don't wory about creases <--- You can make them disapear by using a heat gun after it's installed.

Dallas225

We sell and install all the lines of 3M Films (fasara, graphic, security, and solar) as said earlier in the posts, premask is a terrible idea when it comes to big peices... peel entire backer (film face down) soak to ur hearts content, MAKE SURE you soak the window as well. If you are having issues with soap/water mix, try something like "right on" fluid, or buy a jug of slip solution from filmhandler.com - a cap of that fluid to a gallon of water works wonders. two people is best, pick the film up from the MIDDLE of the panel straight in the air with one person on each side and it will basically fold it in half (face to face, adhesive out), flip the film and stick it on the glass, the solution should be enough to hold the top portion on as you let the other "half" just roll down the window. give the film a shot of solution and squeegie away with either a teflon (we love the oracal teflon cards) or a mac tac felt. They seem to work best, we've thrown up countless very large full frost peices with very few problems. I had a video we shot of a 60"x100" being installed, 2 guys, no premask. but cannot find it for the life of me.

Optic

Thanks guys. We'll get this sorted.

Hi MGraphics - I appreciate the friendliness. Marc's great to work with.

MikePro

hinge your material on the top of the window frame, give yourself an excess 6" for the "dip". wet apply, felt squeegee to smooth, and regular squeegee + soapy water to give a final firm apply.

Optic

got it sorted well. thanks folks. applied 2" of premask to the perimeter to prevent stretching and went wet with no problem.