• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fully Vaccinated? Drop the mask!

WildWestDesigns

Interesting read. And this is where we are at in 2021.

As to fear of antibiotics or concerns with the vaccine.

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop as to what we are missing on the concerns of what to be on the lookout with using new tech.

I've had some antibiotics that will do some nasty things to the system if you aren't careful (your sulfur based ones can be quite caustic). But those concerns are still known. At one time, they were not.

Things that we use now caused quite a bit of damage to people when they were first out there, because we didn't understand the ramifications of the tech that was involved. That's not even remotely going into conspiracy theories or anything along those lines.

Now, for me to go against this concern and still do it without waiting for the other shoe to drop, the alternative would have to be at least equally as bad.

There may not be a significant other shoe that drops (or if you are like my parents that are on borrowed time as it is (due to them being at or past the national average life expectancy here in the states) may not give a rip), but I would prefer to be cautious and see what happens. I'm not going to be stupid either with how a conduct myself (that seems to be a false thought process that a lot of people have as well) outside.

Now, this is just me, but the biggest thing that has really screwed the pooch here, is that like the linked article above shows a slice of, things have been really over done along party lines thru this entire ordeal and again according to the article still seem to be doing so. That is actually worse then the beer bug itself.

Eforcer

What gives the CDC the right to tell you what you can and can't do?

The fact that they dismiss natural immunity from having and recovering from covid tells you there is an agenda other than health
I'm totally with you on this. I come from a background of sharing drinks, smokes, drugs and not washing my hands so much back in earlier years of my life. I'm 60 and haven't taken a flu shot since I was 12. The only thing I can't be are allergies. I sell tons of mask and the sites have disclaimers stipulating that they will not protect you. Basically, strictly for novelty. By staying indoors, how is your immune system going to work?

letterman7

The most likely scenario is that, if you have been fully vaccinated, you won't have it, you can't catch it and you won't give it to anyone else. If you remain unvaccinated, you will either have nothing happen or you will become infected, you will or will not infect others, and you will survive or you will die.
I generally stay out of these debates because of the arguments that ensue and the "rights" that people feel are being trampled upon. But your quote isn't completely correct, Fred. You can still get the virus even when fully vaccinated. While you may not feel some or all of the effects, you can still transmit it to a non-inoculated person, hence the masks. And even if you are fully inoculated, if you have an immune compromised system, like my wife, you are still at risk by those who chose not to wear a mask. If I'm in a crowded store, mall, whatever, I'm going to wear it. Not to protect me, but to protect anyone else who isn't vaxxed. And that's been the whole point of the masks - they aren't for you, they are for the people you come in contact with. Until we hit that 75% or more of inoculations nationwide, everyone is still at risk. Why is that so difficult for some people to understand or accept?

And yes, my wife works in the medical field. And a buddy's wife is a virologist, so I tend to listen to her and her recommendations. I think those credentials outweigh everyone on this board.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I'm totally with you on this. I come from a background of sharing drinks, smokes, drugs and not washing my hands so much back in earlier years of my life. I'm 60 and haven't taken a flu shot since I was 12. The only thing I can't be are allergies. I sell tons of mask and the sites have disclaimers stipulating that they will not protect you. Basically, strictly for novelty. By staying indoors, how is your immune system going to work?
So you sell novelty masks and that somehow means that all masks don't work? Makes perfect sense.
I also used to drive 100mph everywhere I went when I was a teenager and never got hurt. So should we get rid of speed limits? I mean, that's the only logical reason that we still have car crashes.

DPD

CDC Says "Fully Vaccinated" people can get back to normal! Basically, no restrictions. Man I thought this day would never come!

Fully vaccinated means 14 days after your last required dose.

Here's the link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated.html#vaccinated
Not in New Jersey. Governor is keeping masks on us for the foreseeable future. Strangely, I believe from the non-reaction of the population that the people of NJ are OK with this - I'm not though. I want that rag off my face.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Whether you believe in science, real medicine or history. . . . . . . believe what ya want. Ya only go round once.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The following is copied from a Wikipedia article and provides strong warnings against what the video states:

COVID-19
This section is an excerpt from COVID-19 drug repurposing research § Ivermectin[edit]
In vitro
, ivermectin has antiviral effects against several distinct positive-sense single-strand RNA viruses, including SARS-CoV-2.[57] Subsequent studies found that ivermectin could inhibit replication of SARS-CoV-2 in monkey kidney cell culture with an IC50 of 2.2–2.8 μM.[58][59] Based on this information, however, doses much higher than the maximum approved or safely achievable for use in humans would be required for an antiviral effect.[60] Aside from practical difficulties, such high doses are not covered by current human-use approvals of the drug and would be toxic, as the antiviral mechanism of action is considered to operate via the suppression of a host cellular process,[60] specifically the inhibition of nuclear transport by importin α/β1.[61]

In November 2020, a systematic review found weak evidence of benefit when ivermectin is used as an add-on therapy for people with non-severe COVID-19.[62] A randomized controlled trial (RCT) of 24 patients with non-severe COVID-19 and no risk factors found no difference in PCR-positive nasal swabs nor in viral load between patients who received ivermectin and those given placebo, thus failing the primary outcome of the study.[63] Merck, the company from which the drug originated, has said that there is no good evidence ivermectin is plausible or effective as a drug used against COVID-19, and that attempting such use may be unsafe.[64]

As of January 2021, the U.S. National Institutes of Health COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines state that the evidence for ivermectin is too limited to allow for a recommendation for or against its use.[65] Ivermectin is not approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for anti-viral use.[65] Additional evidence from RCTs and dose-response studies are needed.[66] At least 45 such trials were listed as of January 2021.[63]

It was reported in June 2020 that despite the absence of high-quality evidence to suggest any efficacy, use of ivermectin for prevention or treatment of early-stage COVID-19 has become increasingly widespread especially in Latin America, raising concerns about self-medication, safety, and the feasibility of future clinical trials.[67][68] In response, the Brazilian Health Regulatory Agency, Brazilian Society of Infectious Diseases, and Brazilian Thoracic Society all issued position statements in July[69] or January 2021[70][71] advising against the use of ivermectin for this purpose. Furthermore, the government of Peru rescinded a previous recommendation for the use of ivermectin (alongside azithromycin and hydroxychloroquine) in hospitalized patients,[72] although as of January 2021 it is still prescribed for outpatient use.[73]

In March 2021, both the FDA and the European Medicines Agency (EMA) issued guidance that ivermectin should not be used to treat or prevent COVID-19.[74][75] After reviewing the evidence on ivermectin the EMA said that "the available data do not support its use for COVID-19 outside well-designed clinical trials".[75] Ivermectin is not authorized for use to treat COVID-19 within the European Union.[75] In the United Kingdom the national COVID-19 Therapeutics Advisory Panel determined that the evidence base and plausibility of ivermectin as a COVID-19 treatment were insufficient to pursue further investigations.[76] The WHO say that ivermectin should not be used to treat COVID-19 except in a clinical trial.[77]

kcollinsdesign

Old member
I believe in the science... 98% survive rate.
The survival rate is likely much higher. Nobody knows. We will learn more as the years go by and we collect more data. What the science does indicate is that COVID can cause serious health issues and kills people, and that the risk of developing dangerous symptoms increases with age and in people who have other serious health problems. Any decent person would keep that in mind when considering how to behave and help control the spread of this coronavirus.

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
Both my parents have serious heath issues both got corvid, 5 days in the hospital both recovered fully....... btw they are both in the late 70's.

Last edited:

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
When you get in a car crash and become a paraplegic, you're also a survivor. Is survival the metric that we base behavior around and measure success with?

False equivalence........ but yes survival is still better than death in that situation...

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, if you're walking down the street and 4 mean looking tough guys are coming at you, do you......

Cross the street to avoid them ??
Walk the other way ??
Walk right up to them and flip the bird ??
Walk right past them ??

Or..... use your head and stay away from these kinda places, if they scare ya ??

Gun, knife, karate, mask or just about anything else, isn't gonna take all 4 of them out and thats scientific deduction.

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
So, if you're walking down the street and 4 mean looking tough guys are coming at you, do you......

Walk the other way ??
Walk right past them ??

Or..... use your head and stay away from these kinda places, if they scare ya ??

Gun, knife, karate, mask or just about anything else, isn't gonna take all 4 of them out and thats scientific deduction.

Apparently you never shot a gun... :)

Notarealsignguy

False equivalence........ but yes survival is still better than death...

You're deflecting. Breast cancer has a 90% survival rate. Why do we waste some much on prevention and detection? Ill tell you, because survival is the absolute lowest standard. As a business owner, does OSHA set the threshold for workplace safety at survival too? No, the prevention of all injuries is the the goal.

Notarealsignguy

Walk the other way ??
Walk right past them ??

Isn't that called self preservation? So why do some many seem to almost be going out of their way to do shit that exposes them to getting covid?

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
You're deflecting. Breast cancer has a 90% survival rate. Why do we waste some much on prevention and detection? Ill tell you, because survival is the absolute lowest standard. As a business owner, does OSHA set the threshold for workplace safety at survival too? No, the prevention of all injuries is the the goal.

How many decades has breast cancer been studied, how many accidents took to place in order to supply safety measures? How many years has the vaccine been tested????