• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fun with a scammer

The Sign Dude

The following conversation blossomed into a job opportunity (lol) after I tried to contact someone on craigslist about a Camper

Me: Please send me a contact number so I can call you about your camper.
Thanks

Sent: Sun, January 3, 2010 8:26:07 AM
Subject: RE: Coachmen Cascade 26RBS 2005 - $3999 (Birmingham)

#cg_msg_content .ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P{padding:0px;}#cg_msg_content .ExternalClass {font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}Him: Hello,
Thanks for replying to my ad. I want you to know the RV is in excellent condition with no rust or any kind of damage anywhere. I am the original owner of this 2005 Coachmen Cascade 26RBS. The RV is extremely clean and works perfectly. No mechanical or cosmetic issues, no accidents!! Bellow you can find the options and features of the RV together with more pictures.
Options:
Rear Bath/Shower • Tile Floor in Bath • Tile Floor in Kitchen • Deluxe Cabinets • Grab Handle • Jackknife Sofa • Booth Dinette • Front & Rear Stabilizer Jacks • Front Queen Bed • Gas/Elec. Water Heater w/DSI • Double door refrigerator • am/fm/cd stereo • TV Antenna • 3 BURNER STOVE • oven • Microwave • Gas Water Heater • 1 Slide Out • Patio Awning • Fiberglass Exterior • Spare Tire •
Ducted AC
DIAMOND PLATE IN FRONT AND 2-30 LB. PROPANE TANKS WITH COVER.
TIRES ARE IN GREAT SHAPE WITH PLENTY OF TREAD.
PASS THRU STORAGE COMPARTMENT UP FRONT.
SLEEPING CAPACITY: 6
WATER CAPACITY (gallons): 31-40.
LENGTH (feet): 27.
NEVER SMOKED IN.
NEVER CHILDREN IN.
CLEAR TITLE.
5 x CAMPING USED.
I am selling because I was involved in a bike accident. My spine was injured, can't use the RV any longer. I am forced to sell it and put money together for a spine surgery. Because I can't be there for you to see the RV, I left the it at the CRAIGSLIST Used Motors Purchase in Georgia, along with all the accessories and papers (owner's manual, and a clean title, signed by me so you can transfer it to your name hassle free). If you are interested please send me your name and address and I will contact CRAIGSLIST to start the process.
Warm regards.

Me: Just send me a number and I will call you. There is no need for a third party to get involved. (Yes I know its a scam already)

Him: The RV is at a CRAIGSLIST warehouse in Georgia. The terms of the contract I have with them state that they will handle the title and payment transfer and also deliver the RV to your location for no extra money. You will receive a notice from Craigslist with payment instructions on how to deposit the payment with Craigslist safety trust fund. As soon as the payment is secured with Craigslist, the RV will be shipped to you and you will have it for a 3 days test. If you decide to keep it, I will get the payment; otherwise, the RV will be shipped back to the Craigslist warehouse, free of charge and the payment will be transferred back to you, minus the transfer fees. If you want to move forward with the purchase, I will need your details (full name, address, phone number) so I can forward them to CRAIGSLIST and start the transaction.

Regards.

Me: I LIVE IN GEORGIA AND WILL GO TO THE WAREHOUSE AND PICK IT UP. I KNOW WHERE IT IS SO THERE IS NO NEED TO SEND THE ADDRESS.TELL ME WHEN I CAN PICK IT UP.

Him: Craigslist has a warehouse, not a show-room. Because of the sign contract I have with them I am able to put the ad in all the states. Imagine what will be like if everyone would like to visit the warehouse. They told me that they will handle the delivery (company politics). You will be able to see the RV and test it for 3 days before you will have to decide if you like it or not. If you want to move forward with the purchase, I will need your details (full name, address, phone number) so I can forward them to CRAIGSLIST and start the transaction.

Me: I CONTACTED CRAIGSLIST AND THEY SAID STARTING JANUARY 1 2010 THAT THEY CHANGED COMPANY POLICY AND CUSTOMERS CAN COME VISIT THEIR WAREHOUSE. THEY SAID THEY HAVE A TEAM OF ABOUT 1000 PEOPLE ON HAND TO HELP CUSTOMERS WITH PICKING UP AN RV. WOW WHAT GREAT TIMING! SO JUST GIVE ME YOUR INFO ( NAME ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER) SO THEY CAN LOCATE IT WHEN I GET THERE. THEY SAID I COULD GIVE THEM THE MONEY AND THEY WOULD TRANSFER IT INTO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT. ALSO DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER ITEMS FOR SALE ? I WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED IN PURCHASING WHATEVER ELSE YOU HAVE IN STOCK AS I JUST RECIEVED $8,000,000 (EIGHT MILLION DOLLARS) FROM A BANK IN NIGERIA.

Him: :))))) Nice. So why to you loose your time with all the scams. I do it for money...I see you put your mind at work composing your last email. Nice joke anyway. You are asking me for the phone and name and address. Are you really sure you know what to do with them? would you like to make some money instead of loosing time over the internet chasing "bad guys" with no result?

Me: So your offering me a job?

Him: Yes

I have not answered him back yet so if anybody has a suggestion as to what I should say next lets hear it.

The Equipment Guy

Oh Gosh, I would so love to have the same opportunity that you do...And to have taken the risk and gotten your just reward from the Nigerians too! I have in my possession the "Golden Spike" from the ceremony joining the East to the West by railroad. I can send a picture...if you want to just send me 1/2 of your Nigerian Payout through Western Union I will send you this unique piece of history!
:ROFLMAO:

Craig

Joe Diaz

Disclaimer: I'm not saying you should reply with this: (could be fraudulent itself) but it would be funny if you did.

You: Actually I am getting paid. I'm a part of Craigslist's Cyber Fraud and Scam Division, a branch of Craigslist that became a necessity after several lawsuits against our company. It's my job to seek out suspicious ads and initiate conversations with the perpetrators in order to obtain more information. I believe we have what we need. We will be in touch.:Big Laugh

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That is really great !!

Tell him just to sit there and wait and hold tight, you're sending a team that want in on his work ethics and they should be there in full force by tomorrow afternoon. In the meantime.... do you have any last requests. I'm a Federal Agent and you just messed with the wrong person.

Tomorrow evening you will be having dinner with 100's of others just like you and you should do fine at the facility we have waiting for you. :ROFLMAO:

HaroldDesign

View the details of the email message source. It should contain the i.p. address of the sender. Then google the address, and you'll get information you can use to scare him pretty good. It may even give you a google earth image of the place he is sitting in.

Joe Diaz

What you really need is for Matt Lauer to be at his place when he comes home.

Nah not Matt Lauer, Chris Hansen from to Dateline that does To Catch a Predator among other things.. That is a dude you don't wan't to see show up at your house. :omg:

Pat Whatley

You ever wonder if Chris Hansen goes to the mall just to see how many people start walking in the opposite direction?

John L

Nah not Matt Lauer, Chris Hansen from to Dateline that does To Catch a Predator among other things.. That is a dude you don't wan't to see show up at your house. :omg:

THAT's the cat I meant. I got them mixed up. And you are right-on. If you see him.. nothing good is about to happen to you.

jiarby

ya,
it's no good when you arrange to meet your new facebook "friend" and see HIM sitting in the living room.... I don't suppose he drinks "Mike's Hard Lemonade" does he?

The Sign Dude

Disclaimer: I'm not saying you should reply with this: (could be fraudulent itself) but it would be funny if you did.

You: Actually I am getting paid. I'm a part of Craigslist's Cyber Fraud and Scam Division, a branch of Craigslist that became a necessity after several lawsuits against our company. It's my job to seek out suspicious ads and initiate conversations with the perpetrators in order to obtain more information. I believe we have what we need. We will be in touch.:Big Laugh

Good one Joe. He will be getting this shortly. I am going to see if I can find his i.p. address like Caleb suggested.

tintguy31794

I would contact law enforcement... Forward the emails to your local sheriff ... he is an elected official and generally cares more than the rest.