• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gee, I thought I was so smart on this

gabagoo

Customer requests vinyl cut decals with a colour that is virtually impossible to match using 4 col so we do all there stuff in vinyl and I drop the black into it and premask.

they wanted small decals also and I smartly said no problem, we can print the black on the green and die cut.... uggggg Cutter having a very difficult time seeing the black squares for alignment and I have spent over an hour while it searches and searches. I find that putting a 3mm square of black vinyl over the existing one helps but only if I shine an LED light in there so the opus can see more of a contrast between the 2 colours.

I never doing this again sheeeeshhhh

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Put a slightly larger white outline around the black marks and it will then see them once again. Wallah, your problems are over.

iSign

Put a slightly larger white outline around the black marks and it will then see them once again. Wallah, your problems are over.

:goodpost:

yep, good idea to just print extra reg marks on white next time you print on white, and have them stashed aside for times like this...

gabagoo

Gino, I am printing on this Iguana green, there is no white to be had....Now of course had I really thought this out I could have done it super easy on the edge!!!
There all cut now but at what labour cost to me...oh well live and learn...I'm sure I will do it again

iSign

Gino, I am printing on this Iguana green, there is no white to be had....Now of course had I really thought this out I could have done it super easy on the edge!!!
There all cut now but at what labour cost to me...oh well live and learn...I'm sure I will do it again

get the white the way I mentioned...

instead of cutting out little black square to overlay your ineffective low contrast reg marks... cut some hi contrast reg marks printed on white & overlay with that... including a sufficient amount of the white

gabagoo

get the white the way I mentioned...

instead of cutting out little black square to overlay your ineffective low contrast reg marks... cut some hi contrast reg marks printed on white & overlay with that... including a sufficient amount of the white

I thought of doing that but then thought how would I know if I were getting it dead on. If I am out the cut will show it. I also tried cutting white boxes with the 3mm square knocked out. used clear mask to line it up and the Opus kept catching the cut edge of the vinyl and confused it i guess. like I said had I had 15" perfed in stock, it would have been a no brainer on the Edge

Mike F

print'em on white adhesive vinyl, cut'em out, and before you take the backing, place them down, and hold one edge down with your finger and lift up the other to be sure they're spot on.

Graphics2u

I've run into this on my Mutoh cutter. Not sure what kind of Registration marks yours uses but the Mutoh prints a box all the way around the contour cut area. I've had to by hand trim away the vinyl around that box and then it will work. Otherwise I print with the manual registration marks and align it manually. A pain but it does work.