• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Good avery vinyl!!!!

OldPaint

IAM NOT AN AVERY LOVER...BUT GOTA GIVE A SHOUT OUT on this product of theirs...... i did 2 vans like this back in 2000-2001 with AVERY A8, SPECTRA RED. the big diff in this red then others was its red on one side..and SILVER on the back. one of the few made this way. i did another truck in the same vinyl maybe 2 years ago...or less.....put the newer one next to the 2000-2001 van.....NO FADE!!!! the old one still looks like the new vinyl install. if you want a long lasting RED i can attest to this being it...12-14 years...its gona outlast the truck))))(note this pic is less then a year old)

Attachments

• Picture 089.jpg
    Picture 089.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 92

OldPaint

like i said.....IAM NO AVERY LOVER......but tell me.... oh sage of vinyl knowledge....do you have any brand of vinyl the you can say is still good as this stuff after 12 years????? have you been doing signs that long??? hehehehehehehehehehehehe

Commando

Avery was descent back then. Obviously you missed the part about your title being the abomination. Not that you used Avery 12 years ago...
Have you been reading that long? hehehehehehehehehehehe
Son, I was die-cutting letters back when you were picking out ED medicine LOL

OldPaint

really BOY????HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....I was swingin a brush............when you was still potty training & staying close to your mamas chest)))))))) 1957-58 if you need a time frame))))
and like i said i dont love avery annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd i had really bad batch of their vinyl 2002-2003. $800 job, SHRUNK ON THE TRUCK...less then 6 months....was getting ready to re-do it.....and the owner of the truck .blowed the motor........so rather then fix it he traded it)))) and i didnt have to replace the AVERY VINYL!!!! since then its been ORACAL HP.....

Biker Scout

Avery left a bad taste in my mouth many years ago with some crap vinyl. I've never fully trusted it, but they are the only vinyl manufacturer that has my EcoMouse Green (PMS 375) I've wrapped many machines in my shop with it, and so far it's holding up. But I've got back-up of custom PMS 375 spray paint made just in case, and for those hard to wrap items. The color match is identical.

And I've always loved Avery's metallic line. Never had any issues with their metallics. I'm thinking those have been made by a different division than the one that had a huge batch of failures. Then the way management handled the public outcry of those failures... well, that was just sad.

OldPaint, your title should have had question marks at the end instead of exclamation points. Allow the reader to decide, rather than make a statement of fact. heh, heh... (I actually have some of their red vinyl with silver on the backside... I think it really helps make it "POP" on certain surfaces. I just would like to be able to reverse mount it sometimes. It's a nice Red-Red)

OldPaint

i agree biker.....when i called denver sign supply sent them pictures of the AVERY VINYL on that $800.....truck.........they sent me a A $45 STORE CREDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
needless to say.....i never delt with them or avery after that.

Biker Scout

Store Credit? HAHAHA! Was that enough to buy a roll of Oracal? Should call up and see if you can still get your store credit!

Biker Scout

I only lost 2 clients from the Avery disaster. Both were early on in the relationship and both were fleets. I was very embarrassed, and peeved that I lost those contracts. At the time I didn't know it was an Avery issue, and kept beating myself up for maybe incorrect installation methods, maybe I shoulda clay-bar'd the cars first, must have been extra wax on the cars, maybe it was the.... and on and on. That's when I learned about this forum. Started reading on here for years before I finally made my first post.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ah yes, they might be the smilies from him, but take a gander at this and burn your retinas for a few hours..... or days. :Oops:

OP front.jpg