• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Got this complaint....

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Screenshot_20221003-180336_Messages~2.jpg

I called and he was upset that I used "tape". That he thought I was going to paint the letters or make them raised. Mind you this is a small sign on a door with the name and business hours. Cut vinyl on a 24x24 ACM fastened to the wood door. Then he sent me all these other pictures of "tiny bubbles".

IMG_20221003_180706.jpg
IMG_20221003_180701.jpg
IMG_20221003_180712.jpg

I told him not to pull the letters up and they will be fine. He really didn't believe me and thought I just used tape. I really couldn't take him seriously so I said I'll just replace it with a printed sign.... So much for trying to do a little better by cut vinyling something I could of printed...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yo........ why are all your inside and outside corners rounded ?? Is it the font or did you do something to it ??

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Gino, those pics he took are super closeups. The black letter is less than 2" tall. At that distance, he should be more worried about the dust specs.

visual800

Oh yes! the "I thought you were gonna do...customer" DAMN! If he was getting that close in pictures I would go out and remove my sign and not do a damn thing else for him. that is just senseless to waste that much effort on a door sign being particular. Obviously he has nothing better to door

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, the corners are all rounded because I looked at your closeups ??

Anyway, door sign, building sign or any new sign...... one that is peeling, at any size, regardless of help or not, should not look like that letter. The guy has a legitimate complaint. Just fix it and move on. Don't engage, just do your job.

caribmike

Retired with a Side Hustle
I rarely ever use cut vinyl for my signs. I truly hate working with it. Much easier to print a sheet off a roll and mount it.

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
Sometimes I'll round the corners of cut vinyl, I think it helps avoid cracking, less stress points.
It's pretty easy to round all corners with Illustrator.

Johnny Best

Trying to get something accomplished to fast and you make a corner flap over. Giving the customer a chance to give you grief, because you should have done it for free, "it's just tape". We are not sign people but Tapers. If some moron in the 70s would have called it tape instead of vinyl, that's where we would be.

Last edited: