• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Got this complaint....

Stacey K

I like making signs
He is saying that Tex used "Tape" on the sign. He was expecting Tex to hand paint it or have raised letters. Tex used cut vinyl which is obviously better than printed but now since the guy thinks vinyl is just "tape", Tex is going to print it for him to make him happy.

The guy lifted the vinyl up on the one photo and said that it was tape, when we all know it's actually cut vinyl.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Many many people call vinyl..... tape. Been doing that for a few decades. Literally, that's what it is. We're the ones who call it vinyl to sound fancy schmancy.

The guy has a complaint. All ya hafta do is give him a printed one. Don't explain the pros & cons at this point, just give him a printed sign and don't look back.

ikarasu

Cut vinyl is a valid way to create a sign, is it not?

I wouldn't redo it for him unless there was something wrong with it. The peeling off was allegedly him, so it doesn't seem like there's an issue with the sign.

Sure he has a complaint, but it's not a valid complaint. Unless he was a good customer I'd tell him to pound sand - let him badmouth me for using tape on a sign... I'm sure his buddies he'd complain about me to would laugh and tell him an idiot.

Stacey K

I like making signs

I wouldn't redo it for him unless there was something wrong with it. The peeling off was allegedly him, so it doesn't seem like there's an issue with the sign.

Sure he has a complaint, but it's not a valid complaint. Unless he was a good customer I'd tell him to pound sand - let him badmouth me for using tape on a sign... I'm sure his buddies he'd complain about me to would laugh and tell him an idiot.
I have to agree with you

DL Signs

Never go against the family
He's worried about it coming off in a storm or snow?
Should bring this guy up here to north central Wisconsin to see how well that "tape" holds up in snow, storms, wind, rain, frost, ice, sleet, +100 to -40 degree temps.

2B

I told him not to pull the letters up and they will be fine. He really didn't believe me and thought I just used tape. I really couldn't take him seriously so I said I'll just replace it with a printed sign.... So much for trying to do a little better by cut vinyling something I could of printed...

So are you stripping the cut vinyl off and refacing or are you making new faces?
if new faces, hopefully, the old ones are a standard size that can be re-used.

This sounds like a "special" case that needs to be FIRED!!!

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
So are you stripping the cut vinyl off and refacing or are you making new faces?
if new faces, hopefully, the old ones are a standard size that can be re-used.

This sounds like a "special" case that needs to be FIRED!!!
Hell no, I'm just making a new one. It's something like 24"x30" ACM panels and I have drops I can use.

He wants me to bid on his wife's sign but after that text I'm just going to pass on it. I don't have time for people that jump to all those conclusions and accusations.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
You would think... I didn't get the memo that everything should be printed. I only cut vinyled that small sign because I was doing the larger ones the same way. Printed vinyl will fail after 5 years, cut vinyl will last longer.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Hell no, I'm just making a new one. It's something like 24"x30" ACM panels and I have drops I can use.

He wants me to bid on his wife's sign but after that text I'm just going to pass on it. I don't have time for people that jump to all those conclusions and accusations.
Just curious... will you actually tell them no, or just ignore the request and not bid on it?

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I would demand an apology, written on a card no smaller than 5x7. If the card is bigger, I would do the work. If it is 5x7, I'd politely decline and tell him, while the effort is appreciated, that is not near enough flair. You expect your customers to go the extra mile.