• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gotta love customers...

ProWraps

love it. customer sends me files to print.

i print.

i send to customer.

customer calls me and says i sent wrong files.

uhhhhh. i printed what you sent.

oh ok, i guess we sent you wrong files (which was verified by both of us). here are correct ones.

get email from customer. we dont want to pay for wrong files that you printed, even though that was our fault.

yay!!!!!

HulkSmash

love it. customer sends me files to print.

i print.

i send to customer.

customer calls me and says i sent wrong files.

uhhhhh. i printed what you sent.

oh ok, i guess we sent you wrong files (which was verified by both of us). here are correct ones.

get email from customer. we dont want to pay for wrong files that you printed, even though that was our fault.

yay!!!!!

Did you say too bad?

ProWraps

thats what i did. i said straight out, you sent it to us, i printed it, you owe me. if it was my mistake then so be it.

like seriously how the f*ck would you expect me not to charge you?

Border

Maybe for a discount on the first set...maybe. But my good nature would go right out the window the moment they actually had the nerve to say they did not want to pay for the first one at all.

ProWraps

wholesale rate to begin with as they are very large product decals. no room to give a discount further. but yeah, i was blown away that someone would have the nerve to really say that.

i guess nothing will surprise me anymore.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We just did a job for a customer.... and a rather new one where we misprinted maybe about 60 or so prints out of hundreds. We ran out of ink and and it shifted the color a little bit. When they picked up the finished product, the guy said, what are those over there ?? Are they for me, too ??

Nope, we made a mistake and they are a little off the color you wanted, they actually printed a very dark grey instead of straight black, but if you want them, you can have them to practice.

Okay.

Two days later, I got a call that their signs don't have the color black they wanted.

Huh ??

Yeah, they look dark grey.

Did your guy use the practice ones for the finished sign ??

I dunno.

Well, I gave your guy a bunch of bad prints so he could practice putting these things on himself.

Okay, will be credited for these bad ones ??

Nope, you weren't charged for them.

But, we have them and now we have to take them off and put new ones on. Who is gonna pay for that ??

You were cheap and didn't want us to do it, so I guess you'll have to pay the numskull that put the wrong ones on to do it again.

Yay !!

boxerbay

you will need to analyze your client and decide for yourself if they are a keeper or not.
people are human and they make mistakes. question is can your business do without that client. we have some clients that are so big that we just reprint them and move on. not worth pissing off a $100,000 a year account over prints that cost .50 a sq foot. Yes, you are correct - they were wrong and should pay but if there is a wedge you need to decide which way to handle it as it may affect your future earnings. we just had this happen twice this last week. one had some prints and it had the year 2010 on them - we called client about it as they were coming out the machine and they yell "stop the press" lol. 4 of the 8 - 24x18 prints had come out already. we just told them no worries send a new file. the other client receive 2 backlit 24x36 - both files were submitted by them - we print they receive - she calls telling us there should be no white border and the girl in the photo looks fat. huh? your files right? I never met the chick so how would i know how much she weights? apparently she told her designer to fix these issues before we receive the file but he didn't. she also has a pending 16K order for catalogs - you really think I'm gonna bust her balls over 12 sq feet of backlit @ .80 per sq foot.

Nope.

"Sometimes you gotta roll with the punches to get to what's real."

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
We just did a job for a customer.... and a rather new one where we misprinted maybe about 60 or so prints out of hundreds. We ran out of ink and and it shifted the color a little bit. When they picked up the finished product, the guy said, what are those over there ?? Are they for me, too ??

Nope, we made a mistake and they are a little off the color you wanted, they actually printed a very dark grey instead of straight black, but if you want them, you can have them to practice.

Okay.

Two days later, I got a call that their signs don't have the color black they wanted.

Huh ??

Yeah, they look dark grey.

Did your guy use the practice ones for the finished sign ??

I dunno.

Well, I gave your guy a bunch of bad prints so he could practice putting these things on himself.

Okay, will be credited for these bad ones ??

Nope, you weren't charged for them.

But, we have them and now we have to take them off and put new ones on. Who is gonna pay for that ??

You were cheap and didn't want us to do it, so I guess you'll have to pay the numskull that put the wrong ones on to do it again.

Yay !!

Nice. Made my crappy week seem better. Thanks for sharing your pain :p

Had a guy drive away on a $25 balance right after I finished installing, had one truck driver who kept refering to what I do as "that sign crap" and one that told me what I did for a living didn't matter.

Last week got someone in the shop who "didn't have the time" to sit down for 10 minutes and "hold my hand" while I laid out his graphics and then got mad when I told him the price and he cussed me out because I wouldn't charge him $5 a linear foot with no install or removal cost on his pair of 8 foot long vehicle graphics and would also take more than 20 minutes, and in the midst of him insulting me his reasoning was "I can get it down the street for $80 ... you should give me that price."

i just tell them if they don't get out i will call pedro the grounds keeper and he will let lose Gigantor...........

Attachments

• bigroos.jpg
    bigroos.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 62

Sign Works

That's nuthin Chris, I recently had a customer's employee run into my shop truck with a forklift and they stated that if I wanted them to pay for the damage that they would definetly be looking for a new sign company. I said that's fine, now give me my fu**in check. :thumb: