• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graduation banner wording?

Jillbeans

My niece Joze (pronounced Josie) graduated from high school last month.
She's a true braniac but is also really creative and cute.
She was homecoming queen last fall.
Yes I'm bragging.
Anyway I am making a little banner for her party this weekend, and usually I just write "Congratulations So&So Class of 2010"
But her Mom wants to recognize the fact that Joze is going to Pitt.
She was actually shopping for a banner online!
:doh:
And the Pitt logo is pretty nasty. Colors are blue & gold just like her high school.
Any suggestions?
:thankyou::signs101:
Love....Jill

Marlene

don't worry too much about the school colors being nasty as they are mostly ugly combos. why not make a banner with the usual congrat blaa blaa and then have the Pitt's logo with a line like "watch out Pitt, here she comes" or "2014 future Pitt grad" or something like that.

Fitch

"Across the line Joze"....Next stop "Pitt Stop"... with the usual chequered flag and stuff.

Cheers G

signgal

i did one for my son with the teams mascot and a "go bulls!" with some things he loves sprinkled around... video game characters, favorite band logos, tennis balls, favorite car... things like that. Did another one for a friend's daughter and included photos from school with friends and "growing up" photos of her on a funky-artsy background with the standard text. She burst into tears and hugged us within an inch of our lives when she saw it. *shrugs* take what you will from my little stories :)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Can't you just get away with........... Pitt U.jpg

Jillbeans

Yeah that's kinda what I did, I just rebuilt the PITT because I didn't want to use a "real" logo.
It sure is wonky looking.
Feel weird using it too.
The high school logo is uglier still so I just abbreviated.
How much easier it would be if it was just like the other banner I am taking to another grad party, for a local kid who's a bigtime redneck and volunteer fire fighter!
:Big Laugh
Is this OK?

Between reunions (2 family one school) and grad parties my July is jam-packed!

Attachments

• pitt.jpg
    pitt.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 72