• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec software?

AirJordan

Is any one using the software that it comes packaged with? (Master cut / Quick cut) Or have you used it? Whats your opinion on it. And if you used to use it but no longer do tell me why and what you moved on to.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I attempted to use it with Corel, both 9 and 13, simply because it came with the machine, but it kept coming up with an error in the script. Graphtec alliwed as how this is not uncommon and is in the process of releasing a new version which is actually supposed to work. I use Flexi Pro anyway, so it's not a big deal, but I find it annoying to have something that refuses to function. As well as those odd times when it would be really handy to cut straight from Corel.

Howard Keiper

I'm not aware of any difficulty with either Cutting Master (Illustrator to & incl. CS2), or Quick Cut (Corel to 12, & X3 shortly). These get wrung out pretty thoroughly before release and after and problems, if any, show up almost immediately...pay attention to "almost"... but we're satisfied.
hk

SignRover

My Graphtec CE3000 cuts straight from CorelDraw 11. No need for the extra software. Page size in Corel has to match page size in printer properties and that's about it.

bob

Howard Keiper said:
I'm not aware of any difficulty with either Cutting Master (Illustrator to & incl. CS2), or Quick Cut (Corel to 12, & X3 shortly)

You are now...

Howard Keiper said:
These get wrung out pretty thoroughly before release and after and problems, if any, show up almost immediately...pay attention to "almost"... but we're satisfied.

Twaddle. The world is rife with poorly engineered ill-tested software. Why should Graphtec be immune? I'll no doubt sleep better however, knowing that you're satisfied. Though I'd feel a whole hell of a lot better if you accepted that there are circumstances where your code refuses to function and inquired into the nature of this curious behavior rather than tell me how satisifed you might be.

bob

Howard Keiper said:
I didn't say it was perfect

That's it? You dismiss total non-function with a shrug and a platitude? Does the phrase 'Fitness of merchantability' ring any bells for you?

...irate clent: "You've mis-spelled my name and have the wrong phone number on this sign!" Me shrugging: "I didn't say it was perfect." ...sounds of blunt instruments working and possibly gunfire...

bob

Howard Keiper said:
Total non-function????
I didn't say that either.
zzzzzzz!

No, I said it.

It means nothing to me that it might work for someone else in other circumstances. It does mean that it's an odds on bet that it wasn't properly tested with even a modest spectrum of operational environments.

The point is that, for me, it's completely non-functional. What it is for anyone else is not all that interesting.

SSS_Tech

QuickCut

QuickCut will not work with Corel X3. It will only work with earlier versions upto Corel 12.

Last edited:

bob

SSS_Tech said:
QuickCut will not work with Corel X3. It will only work with earlier versions upto Corel 12.

It does not work with Corel 9 either. For me, which all that matters. Whether or not it works for someone else is not particularly interesting.

In an effort to pre-empt useless questions, yes it's installed properly, yes Corel is installed properly, both 9 an X3, singley and together. Yes VBA is properly installed.

Bob,

My hat is off to you! You must truly be a CS rep's nightmare :biggrin: (Outspoken, with very little room/time for forgiveness of errors.)

Do not misunderstand - we have no issue with that, as to the fact it keeps these manufacturers and resellers on their toes :biggrin:

Personally - I like it and approve (not that you care :biggrin: ), but I do sincerely hope that you do swing 180 when dealing with other people :smile:

George

Neil

For what it's worth, I installed Cut Master for Corel Draw (V12).
Did everything by the book, installed the VB, set up the icon in Corel...
doesn't work. Nothing happens at all.

Like Bob, I use my Sign design software for cutting, but would have liked to see what it's good for, being that I've installed it.

To be honest, not being able to get their software to work is one of the least dissappointing aspects of this machine for me at the moment. When I'm ready, I'm gonna post up the rest of the shortcomings of the FC7000 cutters.

Bill Modzel

For what it's worth, I've been using Cutting Master in Illustrator on my Mac for 3 or 4 years now and it's been pretty much flawless. It's fast and stable.

I can be cutting on my Graphtec with CM at the same time I'm cutting on my GsX with MacImprint without missing a beat.

kalvix

I had a few problems with some of the default settings when contour cutting out of Illutrator, but after 30 minutes with tech they worked it out and it depended on which direction the border marks went, it was default for the different in the machine vs. the software.

Call tech support. If you can get past the asian accent, they are real good people and extremely helpful. It was one of the few times that the call was dropped and he called me IMMEDIATELY!

robpruitt

I use VE Lxi Master + to actually do my cutting. However; when I seem to get the best results by importing Adobe Illustrator format into it; even when I use Corel or Macromedia Freehand MX. I don't have X3 yet though, just 12.

ahollow

I got my new 7000-75 Friday. After setting up the cutter, it literally took 10 minutes to install QuickCut (which is actually Flexi Production Manager code) into Corel 12 and start cutting vinyl. The features are so much nicer than using Corel's printing.

This cutter is a work of art!

dzign

Howard Keiper said:
I'm not aware of any difficulty with either Cutting Master (Illustrator to & incl. CS2)hk

How did you get this is to work in Illustrator CS2? The install menu only shows me up to CS.