• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Has Anyone E V E R Gotten................................................................

JBurton

Signtologist
Cooley Magic is another concoction that puts carb cleaner to shame, bonus that it's intended to remove ink already.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
3M Perfect-it Rubbing compound - DeWalt DWP849X variable speed polisher (corded for all the HPs) - Wool buffing pad - 3500 rpm - you'll have it knocked down to the primer in 5 minutes or less.

netsol

literally Magic Marker off white truck body doors. They have I think 6 of them. These idiots put their DOT numbers on with a frickin' magic marker. I tried.......

* Lacquer Thinner
* Xylene
* MEK

It might've come off slightly, but it seems to have stained the paint.

Any ideas ??

:thankyou: Gino
i am late to the party.
acetone is always my first attempt

JamesLam

I thought someone had tattooed Dorothy incorrectly and was trying to fix that. Seemed pretty aggressive for a typo.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
If alcohol won't take it all off, you need something mildly abrasive. A guy I know who does detailing does this, makes a paste by mixing baking soda and alcohol, dips a rag into it and rubs it out. He uses all kinds of weird stuff, even sometimes toothpaste to get marks and inks off of paint.

d fleming

Wet sand it with 3000 grit and move to more coarse if needed. If that doesn't do it than it is deep in the paint. Design a cover or paint it. I have seen some serious wtf's on dump trucks around here the last few years. DOT man pulls them over and then they use whatever they have to mark it until they can get to a shop.

gnubler

try any hand sanitizer...works on almost all applications with sharpei
Like this one?

licensed-image

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I often noticed how similar skin is to metal. Only thing is, when metal vehicles meet human skin on the road, metal generally wins out. Skin is always ruined and the metal seems unblemished, except for some red stains.

netsol

Yeah, I often noticed how similar skin is to metal. Only thing is, when metal vehicles meet human skin on the road, metal generally wins out. Skin is always ruined and the metal seems unblemished, except for some red stains.
and the red stains wipe off fairly easily

JBurton

Signtologist
So what was the final solution y'all came up with?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
They came over, looked at it and said....... don't worry about it, just letter over it and no one will ever notice it......... they didn't even want a white patch of vinyl over it.