• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heat Gun Hip/Belt Holster

Ahoy!

I am looking to make or buy a heat gun holster that would hang from my hip/belt. When I search for it I get (pistol)gun holsters. Adding vinyl to the search did not help. Does this product exist? If so, where can I buy it? If not, do any of you have any ideas on the best way to construct one? It would need to direct heat/airflow away from myself and not forward(towards what I am working on) and have significant insulation to keep it from heating up against my leg.

TIA

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't think any such thing exists. After using the gun for only a few minutes, would be too hot to keep on your person. We generally just let the gun lay on a desk or in a holder while not in use.

I don't think any such thing exists. After using the gun for only a few minutes, would be too hot to keep on your person. We generally just let the gun lay on a desk or in a holder while not in use.
I am thinking aluminum for the slot the heat gun goes into with a port directing air/heat away and behind me. The part that touches my leg/body would be made of wood and leather for insulation.
I am confident such a holster would not heat my leg up. The details of construction are what elude me.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Whatever, but for the life of me, I cannot see the need for such a dangerous holster ?? Perhaps the setup justin just pictured would do it for you. Again, can you tell me why it is needed so close to you ??

Whatever, but for the life of me, I cannot see the need for such a dangerous holster ?? Perhaps the setup justin just pictured would do it for you. Again, can you tell me why it is needed so close to you ??
Your reply makes me question if you have any experience at all with wrapping vehicles.
A holster would be very useful for anyone doing wraps.
I will go ahead and disregard your reply unless you can explain why this is not something EXTREMELY USEFUL to people doing vehicle wraps.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
For your information, we just finished a partial wrap today. I don't need to defend my question. If it was that useful, don't you think you'd see everyone selling them ?? And........... you wanna make one.

Don't worry about me or our experience or capabilities. Next year will be 50 years for me, in this industry for 50 years, professionally. Besides, I'm not the one here asking how to make a heat gun holster.

:popcorn: Oh, and I use a torch, not a heat gun. We have I think 5 or 6 heat guns and 2 torches. Ya can have your pick. Now, where am I gonna hang a torch on my tool belt ??

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Just go gangster and stuff it into the front of your pants.
"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

What I did see that seemed really useful on a Youtube wrap channel was a rectangular plywood combo step, seat & tool holder with holes in all sides that you could drop the barrel of the hot gun into to hold it.
Guy turned it sideways to sit on for the low stuff, stand on to reach up to the drip rail. Upright it was a small space to drop a knife or squeegee on and hold the gun at about waist level.
One day I will get around to making one.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Dangit........... I just helped with another partial wrap and I had nowhere to put my torch, other than in my hand while I held the squeegee in the other. I did set it on my box with wheels from time to time & here and there, along with some other tools, cause I can't hold 'em all at once, ya know. I even used my chin a little bit. Oh, and I was solo for those 3 hours. Larry was doing the hood. We double-teamed the one side. He'll finish it up this afternoon. Ha, he used an old wagner heat gun. He didn't have any problems, either. Guess we're not professional enough to have holsters........................

Chris Keena

Dangit........... I just helped with another partial wrap and I had nowhere to put my torch, other than in my hand while I held the squeegee in the other. I did set it on my box with wheels from time to time & here and there, along with some other tools, cause I can't hold 'em all at once, ya know. I even used my chin a little bit. Oh, and I was solo for those 3 hours. Larry was doing the hood. We double-teamed the one side. He'll finish it up this afternoon. Ha, he used an old wagner heat gun. He didn't have any problems, either. Guess we're not professional enough to have holsters........................
Gino, you're such a grouch.

I very often wrap massive box trucks and am up on a ladder with no where to put my heat gun down. I can't set it on the ground or on a box. I have a feeling you do exclusively passenger vehicle color changes and are on a small stool or standing on the ground. We mostly do massive commercial vehicles and are elevated.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You have all these feelings about me. Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll be just fine. Believe me. Maybe you'll come up with some kinda sling for your tools, if ya can't fit them all on your waist and shirt pockets. Good Grief, to be that young again.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I like to stick the heat gun in the hole in the top of the ladder and melt the plastic to the tip so that I smell burnt plastic for the rest of the day. I think a holster is a good idea in certain situations.
It does look useful in an imminent 2nd or 3rd degree burns way. But with a loose torch or scalding heater gun, we are already in that zone. I have a feeling I would spin around to catch a falling panel and drag that cherry red exhaust pipe right through the one I had just finished. For less clumsy people it could be a help. I have a mobile bank truck project coming up and I am working on building some scaffolding to be able to work on the cab top wind deflector without breaking the windshield. Holster could enhance my upcoming balance beam performance.

You have all these feelings about me. Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll be just fine. Believe me. Maybe you'll come up with some kinda sling for your tools, if ya can't fit them all on your waist and shirt pockets. Good Grief, to be that young again.
Yup. You are a certified douche-canoe. I tried to be amicable, but you seem to enjoy confrontations. I am almost 40 years old(BTW).
Good luck!