• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello Everyone!

Hello all! I have been browsing these forums for quite sometime, but have remained silent! Until now! ;) I am located in Hickory, NC and have been the race car decal business since 1997. I am a mechanical-engineer, but I have always loved graphic design as well. Up until now, my hobby has just been a fun outlet of my creative talent. You all do know that engineers are typically not very creative right? ;)

I know what all of you sign guys think about doing race cars, but I enjoy doing it and have found that if you are good at it, you can make good money. 95% of my cars are dirt late models, which are by far and away the baddest race cars on the planet. I have been around racing my entire life, so it has been a natural fit for me. I have done the occassional sign, banner and vehicle graphic as well, so I am not averse to doing any of that either.

I have done all die-cut decals until now, however, I should be receiving my new SP-540 and Daige 4 laminator on Friday. It has been an eye-opening experience the past few weeks as I have been able to take the handcuffs off so-to-speak on my design work. In the past, you always had to be concerned about your material usage. I will be looking to do more commercial work as I get myself acclimated to the digital printing industry.

So thats it in a nutshell. I would like to thank all of the posters on here for the great tips and advice, as well as all of the amazing work that you all turn out. I look forward to contributing to the culture in the future.

RJ California

Welcome for CA.
Let me know what you think of the Daige 4. It took me awile to tame my Daige 3 and all of it's quirks --- I like it now though. Daige 4 looks like a better unit.

2NinerNiner2

Bonjour de Montréal :)
salut.gif

I wanted to see how the file upload process works on here, so anyways, here are a couple of the latest cars I have done. Like I said, they are purely die-cut cars, so I am really excited about the flexibility I will have with the printer.

Jimmy

Attachments

• 100_1574.jpg
    100_1574.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 100_1578.jpg
    100_1578.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 100_1615.jpg
    100_1615.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 110