• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from Havre de Grace Maryland

Big House Signs

Hi All!

What a great site. I found this via "Sign By Dale" Bought several of his big squeegees, which are great! Truly saves time and errors when laying down the printed vinyl.
A little bit about me. Grew up in the sign biz...tried getting out several times, but it always pulled me back. Back in the 80's Dad wouldn't consider a vinyl cutter. Worked for lots of different places. In 97 started working out of my basement with a classic 24 ioline(it's the plotter that never quits!). Made Budweiser signs for 3 years, lost the contract because they went inhouse. Opened a store front in 2000 in the industrial side of town. (scary) Last November moved the shop to a nice building, more visible and purchased the mimaki 54" printer, that I just love! It's all good. I LOVE the Sign B'ness! Oh and last month I bought an Epson 4800 to do sublimation...mugs, plaques, t-shirts. Not as much profit as signs but it is a nice add on.
Anyways...glad I found this site. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute and I am sure I'll learn alot.
Thanks!
Paula

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i'm just as knew as you are to the site....and have already learned a few things....quick q tho....your sublimation work on tees....four color process? any setup fees? i can handle a six color print....but haven't ventured to try screen printed process on tees yet....only did one job and subbed it out to a supplier...

Big House Signs

In the past, large orders of t's we would sub out also. Anything under 5 doz and one color we would cut thermoflex on the plotter and heat press it and full color we would use the mimaki(pricey) to print on film and heat press that. Now with the sublimation, we can do full color and heat press, but it can only be done on light colors...the epson printer of course does not print white. Right now (what I should be doing instead of reading these posts) we are doing 300 canvas bags, full color. We can get 3 images on an 11 x17, print inrevers, we cut it then heat press it on the bag. Cost on the bag, paper and ink is 1.20 ea. and we're getting 4 bucks each. To have these 4cp printed might have been the same and I could have made 40% but it was 2 wk turnaround and we're turning it around in 3days.

flat rock stan

Hi from Oregon! Sounds like you have probably forgotten more than I know!! Great to have you at signs 101.
Stan
(Duggan’s dad)

markz

welcome from Southern Md.

we go thru Havre d-Grace, on the way to the Signworls show. i love the Decoy Museum ! and the Susquehanna park is the best bike trails around.

good day, mark Z

drop us an e-mail, we need to find a local,fair, dependable printer/sub.

thankz

Big House Signs

I got my epson 4800 from www.imprintsusa.com at a sign show. for 3 grand you got the printer, 100 pages sublijet and 100 chromoblast and the 2 sets of ink. Pretty good deal. And we are making money from it..I'm thrilled.
Hey in Havre de Grace this weeekend is the big art show at Tidings Park...I'm a sponsor and its a great show.

D

DARLAK

hello from niagara falls!

i used to be stationed at aberdeen back in '90