• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello, from little dallas - Oregon, with question

rouzaud

Hi; I'm new here, yet I've enjoyed the huge knowledge base accumulated on this site.

I'm a small sign shop, wanting the longest lasting small color sign (6x8" and under) solution I can get. Vinyl- too slow and nit picky; printed, too short lived. Thinking maybe dye-sub might give the longest life, but substrate is either breakable, plastic or flimsy metal. Am I right? Does anyone know the process for gravestone images epoxied to stone? They advertise 'eternal'!!!! One of the contributor here mentioned that 'anything' can be dye-subed, just needs special coating on substrate (?) My experience is aftermarket bonding is the thing that fails first. Any light on this subject would be appreciated. Thanks
Roland SP 300V
Roland PC600
Ioline 24

rouzaud

Replicator....not to put words in your mouth, was it you who said 'anything' can be dye-subed? Hmmm, thanks, Limestone, I was thinking of something a little lighter. Nice product though. I've got a Vineyard customer who wants small signs to put on posts at the end of his grape vines. Also, I have electricians who are required to put permanent 'tiny' signs on their electrical boxes. Engraving works, but I want something with more color to expand to other things also - monuments; historical markers etc.

Replicator

Dye-Sub materials have special coatings, but in fact with the right tools, yes I believe anything can be Dye-Subbed.

I didn't say that before to my knowledge, but I've seen everything from bicycles to motorcycle helmets Dye-Subbed . . . So I'm sayin' it now !

rouzaud

Thanks for the greetings, and the ideas. Near as I can tell, the process is simply a porcelain photo dye sub. If this is the case, it's a mystery to me why the high prices for these tiles. In researching, in another thread, it said the porcelain doesn't absorb moisture, expand and crack when freezing. Below is a link to a seller of these tiles. Thanks again.
http://www.everlifememorials.com/pet-photo-memorials-s/129.htm