• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello & Goodbye

S

Sign-Man Signs

It's been my experiance that the door hurts when it hits you in the azz. Going to be missing alot of good info by leaving this site.

Deaton Design

Dale, reconsider and think this through. You are upset over what you read in one topic. Apparently some misinformation or whatever. Dont judge all this by one reply that pi**ed you off. Maybe SS was told that was the price you got for it. Looking at the pictures, I can tell it was worth quite a bit more, and you probably got alot more also,cause the work was great. Going by your work, Im sure alot of us on here would like to see more.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well Dale.... your green light is on and you're listed at the bottom here as watching this particular thread, so why don't you tell us 'the rest of the story' as Paul Harvey would say..................:wink:

Bogie

Nice looking job. Not lowball quality. If it was lowball price, dude, you should charge more! Because that looks to be worth a LOT more...

gvgraphics

Dale within his post he also stated your the most talented guy around.

But you have to remember negative comments stand out more than positive. You see the negative and get upset, then the positive ones hold no weight. Once he calms down this thread could take an one eighty to the good side!

:beer +:beer +:beer = Happy Signmaker!!!!

DRPSignsNGrafix

Dale reconsider not everyone is a mean or rude person. By the way The artwork looks Great. and if you read it, he is not bashing it, he is upset that you sold for such a low price according to what he was told. Reread it and read it slow.

OldPaint

my take on this was....the guy WHO HAD THE CAR DONE BY DALE....told SS he got the car done for $600!!!!!!!!!
its the old story ........"look at the deal i got, betcha cant do this for that money."
see????
ive had em come to me and tell me so and so at the race track said you did his car for $XXX ...can you do mine for bout the same......and the truth was i charged the the GUY MORE THEN HE TOLD EVERYONE!!!!!!!!
in the military we use ta call this 3RD STOOL RUMOR!!!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's exactly it OP.

After you've been around the block a few times... this becomes more commonplace than you know..........

I guess they call it bickering, bargaining, cheating, business smarts, cleverness, negotiating or just plain ol’ fashioned taking advantage of someone by lying. :unclesam:

Si Allen

When are you people going to learn that many customers lie? They will say and do anything for a better price!

Jackpine

OldPaint and Gino nailed it!
You do some nice work. Sorry if you don't hang around.....we will miss having you around to share with us. At least it was said how talented you are. We have all done work that we should have charged more.

TheSnowman

:help: Does this set some new record of any sort ??

I'm not sure. Not sure why, but I have a feeling I went to school w/ a kid that reminds me of this situation. His common phrase was..."My dad's got a bigger gun than your dad!"

Ed Holland

Hello from Holland :)

He also complimented you on your work and your work looks great, i,m sure lot of us would like to see more. Maybe the client he lost lied about the price ? please send him a pm and talk it over.

Cheers,

grafxxx

tell us the real cost on that dale. cause i think a job like that airbrushed should be well into the thousands that car looks sweet too. i bet it was what the other's said is true that the customer told a lie on the price. i had a friend that wanted his bike tank painted he wanted me to do a proof (airbrushed) to see how it would look before i did the tank now this is when i first started doing this. i charged him like $600 i could have gotten at least $300 to do the proof then anohter $1000 just for that tank he started to complain about how i didn't pinstripe it (which would have been another $500) any ways he come and tells me that this guy at another shop would have done it in a day for under $500 i told him have fun with that other guy. agian i think that customer lied to S.S

Marlene

Sing Solutions said that you were very talented but you under sell your work. Maybe it's time to take a look at that as from the post, it looks like you are very good at what you do so why charge so little?

skyhigh

Nice work Dale.
I guess the balls in your court....either stick around, or take your ball and go home. If you decide to stick around, get a new attitude and quit whining.