• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with Black

TheMattMan

Hi all... I am having problems getting a true black to print on some material. It seems to be using all colors to produce black and making it sorta dk brown. Is there a way I can print only black.

Here is my setup:

Corel X3
Versaworks 2.x
Roland Sp-540v
Eco-Sol Max inks

Thanks in Advance.

Matt

Techman

yes, your printer will use all colors to make black. Check your color for rgb or cymk code and you will see it is not 100% pure black.
So set your codes to 100% black and see what happens.

Checkers

First, make sure you're using the right profiles for your image and media.
From there, I do what shovelhead does. It gives a great black without oversaturating the material.

Checkers

ezkimo

where you select your profiles are there any advanced settings that let you print as PURE HUE ?

If you have it try to mark the black box in oure hue then the printer will print all blacks as blacs

TheMattMan

Thanks Shovel.. That helped. It only seems to happen when I am printing on the cheaper calendered stuff.. hi performance always looks how it should.