• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Helvetica question

JoySigns

I'm looking at an architect's specs for a construction sign panel. (I will attempt to refrain from stating my overall view of the architectural profession!) These specs call for Helvetica medium and helvetica regular. Well I don't have any Helvetica but I do have Swiss 721 BT and arial. But when I did a search on helvetica neither medium or regular showed up as a name. Does anyone have a clue on the difference between these two?

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
The Swiss 721 Roman is close to the Helvetica regular. The medium has a slightly bolder stroke, I would buy the 2,

Arial will not work...

Attachments

• heck-vetica.jpg
    heck-vetica.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 143

GK

Joy, I should clarify that this really isn't the case with all the fonts. The font weights are as follows:

400 - Book, Regular, Normal
500 - Medium
600 - Demi / Semi Bold
700 - Bold
800 - Extra Bold
900 - Heavy, Black, Ultra, Ultra Black
1000 - Fat, Extra Black

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I love architects...

here are the differences with Helvetica Regular, Medium and Bold

Attachments

• heck-vetica 2.jpg
    heck-vetica 2.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 112

Jillbeans

The last batch of this kind of signs that I did were requested to be lettered in Arial.
Usually they do ask for Hellvetica. Hellvetica actually looks better.
I don't care which font it is as long as they pay me!
What I hate is when they specify an unreasonable letter size.
Love....Jill

JoySigns

Jill, you don't like arial but notice your Freudian slip, you called it HELLvetica! Ha, ha. :ROFLMAO:

Steve C.

If they are requesting a font that you do not own... Charge it back to them.
Then, next time, you will have it and it WAS free. Beleive me, the architect
would have no problem doing the same.