• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Here's how I spent my weekend... building vinyl racks.

auto accents sc

I love the wire shelving too. Its a great deal at Sams and Costco. We use one for our computer station by putting a shelf midway.It is set up on one at about 48". We can walk up to it or sit at a bar stool. What did you use for the worktable top?

WB

Racks look great!.. I'm currently trying to figure out how to build a 60" version. Not sure If I want to go with wood or steel. I'd like to keep the cost down but Steel would be nice and strong. I need something Horizontal and strong, just counted 30 rolls standing around the shop, we have a flatbed coming in and I need to free up some space.

GypsyGraphics

How are the PVC pipes holding up? Are the sagging at all?

Still loving the racks and they're holding up great!
took a few pics showing both the 24" & 30" rods and even with 50 yard rolls... NO SAGGING WHATSOEVER! (see pics 1 & 2)

the only thing that's not perfect is where the chrome paint is marred on the 30" rods. (see pic 3) that happened because it's so convenient, when i have a small item on the counter below, to mask or lam and i just pull what i need off the rolls without take the roll off the rack.

it's convenient so i can live with the imperfection.

Attachments

• racks-0_11-10.jpg
    racks-0_11-10.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 106
  • racks-2_11-10.jpg
    racks-2_11-10.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 103
  • racks-3_11-10.jpg
    racks-3_11-10.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 103

Brandon708

thanks for the reply GG.

What type of wood did you use? Looks like pine 1/2 x 6" precut planks. Am I correct?

I was thinking about making this system that you did with just a small tweak. I'm going to double up the boards. The board with the slots will go on the inside and the boards on the outside to be solid with out any cuts. This way I won't have to worry about any caps because the pipe will just slide in real smooth like, without moving side to side.

I think im going to do a side-by-side rack thats 8' tall with 16 racks each for a total of 32 rolls.

CJ Troutt

Out standing Job From a"Master Wood Smith" I grade you AAA+++.
Keep up the Good work.
Live Strong.
If you build it they will come.

Colin

Oh and while we're talking about racks, meet the luckiest cat in the world:

Attachments

• Lucky.jpg
    Lucky.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 92

phototec

Natural wood and stainless steel cabinets

the rods are just 1" sch 40 pvc, with end caps. but i wanted them to match my natural wood and stainless steel cabinets so i spray painted the pvc rods silver/chrome

Another person working in the garage, me too.

Your racks look GREAT, your hubby must be proud! I can't wait to make some for my garage shop.

Those natural wood and stainless steel cabinets look like ones I saw at Sam's club, is that where you got them? How do you like them?

Thanks for sharing, you did a great job.:U Rock: