• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hey Fellers and Montroy.

Xplizt

I'm not boycotting Fellers! Spoke with my rep yesterday who assured me that the pricing would be secure again & I believe her. Relax folks, enjoy your weekend & it will all be better on Monday. So put on your big boy/big girl panties & stop bashing them the way that Grimco has.......as far as I am concerned "those who stir the **** pot should have to lick the spoon TWICE" ---Get ready Grimco, you think this helped you when it reality you will be the ones who will get hurt from it! Karma is a real ***** & she will be back around to see you again.

Sorry but I just need to point this out. While I am not picking a side and I still have faith in Fellers to fix their mistake... Grimco doesn't appear to be directly bashing Fellers. They are simply pointing out a fact at the perfect time. I don't see how any other business besides ones like us and Fellers will get hurt from a situation like this.... especially with someone like Brian Fellers speaking for the company. A move like this will permanently tarnish the reputation of a company.

Xplizt

wow... while I am pleased to see this reversal, I am still waiting for the part where it says that they WILL NOT sell to the public.

player

Everyone needs to continue a 100% boycott of Fellers to take them out of business as a show of strength to the rest of the industry. Fellers needs to be shut down.

Salmoneye

I received a courteous PM about the issue. Any supplier can choose any business model that they like as far as I'm concerned, I have not control over that; I do however have a choice about where to spend my money. They assure that they are not promoting or selling to the public and that the website will be down or in another state by end of business Monday. I just checked it 4am TX time and it looks like pricing is already removed. My limited exposure with Fellers has been positive and my recent interaction with Ted my sales rep was great. I won't punish a company for a mistake or mistake in judgement that they correct. I would have gone out of business 20 times already.

player

"Dear long time customer. I am sorry I got caught making an end run for your customer. Now that I am caught, I will continue to sell direct to your customers, but I will be much sneakier about it from now on. Thank you, and I am sure this will keep you satisfied."

Wrapgirl

"Dear long time customer. I am sorry I got caught making an end run for your customer. Now that I am caught, I will continue to sell direct to your customers, but I will be much sneakier about it from now on. Thank you, and I am sure this will keep you satisfied."

Whatever CANADA!

Laz0924

Everyone needs to continue a 100% boycott of Fellers to take them out of business as a show of strength to the rest of the industry. Fellers needs to be shut down.
Gee, so if you made a mistake or bad judgment and then you saw the light and corrected it would you want to be put out of business? Maybe you should take a different approach to life you might get further.

MtnView

As a small distributor of another product I was a member of a forum set up for fellow distributors to discuss the industry and help each other out. One day a thread was started about a huge supplier making a decision to sell direct to our customers. Just like this thread took off that one did too. Many voices on the subject trying to figure out what it meant to the industry and what was to be done. Someone asked what could be done even if they made the decision to sell direct. I addressed this person's question by saying "If" this was happening (as with this particular case it hadn't been verified direct sales were happening) we could all start buying other suppliers' products. I did not call for everyone to boycott this supplier but simply mentioned what could be done if this supplier was or started selling direct in response to someone's question.

I remember reading on that thread shortly thereafter another distributor saying they were being sued by this large supplier. A week later I received my certified mail from their law firm naming my company in this lawsuit of distributors. Four of us were named in this lawsuit while larger distributors received C&D letters. One distributor was forced out of business. Another paid a small settlement. A third and myself joined together and fought to a stalemate. While we did nothing wrong we still had to spend a lot of money on legal bills in the process to prove we did nothing wrong. While the intentions were clear our four companies were to be made examples of under the guise of violating federal anti-trust laws. The backlash of negative publicity toward the supplier amongst distributors over the lawsuit was felt by the supplier.

It's one thing to say you won't be using a particular supplier but be careful about using the word boycott or making a call to action such as a boycott unless you have the financial resources to defend yourself in the legal system. Just speaking from experience.

Last edited: