• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hi everyone! Mimaki JV3 160 S problem! Help needed.

mindgames.1

Hi there!
Tryin' to bring back to life my old mimaki JV3 160S, after logical changings: print heads... dumpers...
booting the printer on MAINTENANCE MODE... it goes directly on LOCAL... without passing through SELECT MEDIA (ROLL or LEAF)... and than... on display of LOCAL... without indicate the WIDTH line text.
Goin' on... i have not the possibility to run any kind of test draw... or adjusting operations!

Please... i need your help!
All the best!
Senza titolo-1.jpg

Vinylman

Possible solution

IF you are trying to start running the printer/plotter you should NOT be in the "Maintenance Mode".

I believe that for the machine to check for Material width, it must run in standard start mode.

Try shutting down the machine, then just push the large green button on the front of the machine, and allow it to do a "NORMAL" boot operation. Once the machine goes through its boot operation, it "should" be ready for you to push the "Media selection" and proceed to print and cut.

My understanding of your question leads me to believe that you need to NOT USE the "Maintenance Mode" now that you have done the services to recover the printer.

mindgames.1

IF you are trying to start running the printer/plotter you should NOT be in the "Maintenance Mode".

I believe that for the machine to check for Material width, it must run in standard start mode.

Try shutting down the machine, then just push the large green button on the front of the machine, and allow it to do a "NORMAL" boot operation. Once the machine goes through its boot operation, it "should" be ready for you to push the "Media selection" and proceed to print and cut.

My understanding of your question leads me to believe that you need to NOT USE the "Maintenance Mode" now that you have done the services to recover the printer.

Thnaks Vinylman - as i said... In normal mode... the printer boots in the same way... in normal working mode... and the display don't show me the second normal step... SELECT MEDIA...

Vinylman

Next question I would ask is, " how long has the software that drives the plotter/printer been installed?

PERHAPS re installing the software might clear up the problem. It appears to me that it would be some type of communication issue with the printer in the boot up sequence. Try shutting the printer off in the normal way, THEN turn the main power OFF at the back of the printer. WAIT about ten minutes, and do a complete start up. MAIN POWER ON... front power button ON, wait for boot up and see what happens.

Occasionally the equipment will correct any anomalies that "just show up".

Hope this helps.:toasting:

mindgames.1

Next question I would ask is, " how long has the software that drives the plotter/printer been installed?

PERHAPS re installing the software might clear up the problem. It appears to me that it would be some type of communication issue with the printer in the boot up sequence. Try shutting the printer off in the normal way, THEN turn the main power OFF at the back of the printer. WAIT about ten minutes, and do a complete start up. MAIN POWER ON... front power button ON, wait for boot up and see what happens.

Occasionally the equipment will correct any anomalies that "just show up".

Hope this helps.:toasting:
Hope too... it will works!
Let's do it!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
My guess is that the media sensors have become disconnected or something. If it does not detect that media is loaded it is not going to try and measure the width of it.

MikePro

machine won't let you do a test draw without media loaded. ...or at least it doesn't think media is loaded, if you aren't covering the sensors on the right-side of the machine.

mindgames.1

OK! ... and the lever up sensor is placed... where...? Gotta find it and fix the problem... I'll do my best! Thanks! BRB :):smile:
IT WORKS! It was the lever up/down a lil bit in a strange position (bad shippment conditions!)...
Now I have to chek the pump and the capping station functionality - ink solvent (all colors) don't arrive at dumpers...
Thanks again!
See ya soon!